Por Larranaga Picadores.....Thoughts.

So what gives on the big pricing variations for these then?

Interesting question. To be more specific maybe, why do some places price these below typical robustos and some places above...?

• Like 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

picked up a 5er from someone to try them out and they didn't last a week. I think they taste great young. Personally I think they have enough going for them young and I won't be waiting 5 years for mi

I think the upside is that it is a PL. If you like the brand, its worth sitting on them for a while. I dont really go by the point scale, but rather the character of the cigar. When I want a PL, no

At $50+ compared to other similar sized cigars...I wont be smoking any. Possibly ever. No reason to.

Interesting question. To be more specific maybe, why do some places price these below typical robustos and some places above...?

Yeah, the low end price point represents a cigar that I would probably go deep on as my everyday robusto sized cigar. The high end represents something I wouldn't bother buying unless (heaven forbid) the PLPC got discontinued.

• Like 1

I really don't want to pay good money for a cigar I have to lay down for 5 years, and then maybe it's it's a 91-92. I can buy smokes today that will smoke 90-92. There has to be some serious upside if I'm going to lay a cigar down for 5 years.

EVERY regular production Robusto and Corona Gorda sized Cigar in Zurich sells between 13chf to 16chf. Name one and thats where the price will fall.

The PL Pic sells at 10chf which gives me great QPR for a wonderful smoking cigar. At 15chf I prefer to reach for the RA Perfecto RE that are smoking wonderfully.

Why the pricing falls this way in the Swiss market, I do not know, but I always look for the value in Singles to try that I don't already have at Home in my personal Humidor.

I really don't want to pay good money for a cigar I have to lay down for 5 years, and then maybe it's it's a 91-92. I can buy smokes today that will smoke 90-92. There has to be some serious upside if I'm going to lay a cigar down for 5 years.

I think the upside is that it is a PL. If you like the brand, its worth sitting on them for a while.

I dont really go by the point scale, but rather the character of the cigar. When I want a PL, nothing else will do!

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Even when Epi 2, JL2, JL1, BRC, RASS, Famoso, RyJ SC, Conn. 1, Regios, SLR A, Mag 46, PSD4, Monte PE, etc....are all available for about $1.50-$2.00 less?

The Picadores are priced in the same range as:

PSP2, Upmann 2, Mag 50, Monte 2, Dip 2, 898,

And I don't understand why other than they are new. Those other cigars weigh far more than the Pic and are substantially larger.

Are you serious Shlo? Have you seen that new band on these babies?! They are exquisite!! biggrin.png

• Like 1