Johnny O's fresh rolled

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing like Liga Flying Pigs.. J-O Flying Pigs are length of robusto Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 Shades of Rusty Red

Smoking a Mag 47 from summer of 2014 as I type this and I've got to say time has been kind to this stick. Fresh it was chocolate, wood and bready like a cross between a Montecristo and Upmann. Now it's opening up to reveal some crazy flavors. Same base profile, but now notes of cream, spice and fruit scattered through.

Can't wait to try more from this time period. I've got a few different vitolas scattered throughout my humis.

• Like 1

Picked up Mag47 and Behique 52 bundles last year. Love them. Had to dry box them for a few days.

I also noticed that even after 6 months of getting them they had not hit a sick period. I have since buried them so that they can age a bit. I have also tried the 1966s thanks to a great BOTL and they were fantastic.

I will order more this summer.

• Like 2

those all look beautiful. Johnny's are some of the best, especially at his pricing. Have some 2nd hands from 09/10 and also my own sampler bought from him in 13'. All are smoking terrific.

I've had a small sampling of Johnny O's and have liked them for the most part, but I have had a few that I had to pitch due to tight draw. Not to disparage John, but whoever is rolling these needs to know there are draw issues, and as a custom roll I wouldn't expect to have that issue. But, I'm no expert on custom rolls as I have very limited experience with them, so take my comments with that in mind.

• 1 year later...

this batch is smoking very well,from Jan I think.

" what do the 'WF' and 'LC' labels mean?  "

World Famous  and La Corona................

DSC_0015.JPG

• Like 4

Not sure but they could be from December, maybe 3 months old.

I dry them down quickly and pack them in a cedar cedar cab in the humi.

Usually I try John's customs often as they age ,and seldom do they make 2 years.

4 hours ago, garbandz said:

Not sure but they could be from December, maybe 3 months old.

I dry them down quickly and pack them in a cedar cedar cab in the humi.

Usually I try John's customs often as they age ,and seldom do they make 2 years.

Good info. I’m lookin to try a bundle. Probably won’t last very long in my humi if i like the first one ROTT ?

Good Luck with the new Johnny’s!

I got 3 fiver samplers of the WF style in December 2017 and have maybe tried 6 of the 15 sticks and have been pretty underwhelmed so far. One of the sticks was decent but they all seemed to get putrid when you get around the halfway point. I do get Cuban aroma (smoke smell) from them but taste, construction, burn issues are all prevalent and too a lesser extent draw. 

My remaining sticks are buried in my humi and maybe I’ll try one again toward the end of the Summer. 

At this point they resemble Davidoffs in all aspects except for cost (thank god). That sorta moldy, rancid hay taste with all the issues above are what Davidoffs for me are known for - and perhaps Johnny’s at least so far.

• Like 1