Our thoughts turn to New Years...and New Years Resolutions!

made a new year's resolution decades ago and have never broken it.

it was to - never ever make new year's resolutions.

Ditto

My only resolution is to exclusively buy hand picked cigars in future.

Blind luck is too unkind,it is worth having friends to steer me toward the best cigars...........YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE !!!

• Like 2

Weight loss is definitely a New Year's resolution for me...would also like to take my wife fly fishing if time permits as she has never had a chance to experience it with me like my kids have :)

• Like 1

I have held pretty well to last year's resolution of not allowing my weight to get back to 200lbs...just barely though, was 199.8lbs this morning.

For 2015, I resolve to eat better (more fruits and veggies and less fatty meat/fast food/junk food), exercise more (currently my exercise consists of taking the dog for a walk on weekends), and get my weight down to 175lbs and KEEP IT THERE (that's what I weighed when I met my wife in 1994).

Notice, though, I never said anything about limiting/cutting out cigars and/or alcohol. LOL.

• Like 2

made a new year's resolution decades ago and have never broken it.

it was to - never ever make new year's resolutions.

Did the same about twenty years ago and have never broken it.

• Like 1

Although as a whole I am not a fan of New Year resolutions (too many are not very long lasting), I do think that anytime you can make positive changes to your life that is a good thing. I prefer to look at this time of the year as a good time to jot down what I want to accomplish the upcoming year.

I have many goals from various aspects of life (finances, family, physical, fun, ect) but one specifically for 2015 is to run my first marathon and do it under 4:20 (I've ran many 21km but never the 42).

New Year's Resolutions!? neutral.gif Pshaw! I gave up too on that some years back, myself! Just glad The Lord saw fit to let me be here another year!

• Like 1

Resolution for this year:

Try to be more patient. I have been actively trying to do this for a little while now, and would love to be that guy that lets things just slide off my back. I grew up watching how great my Grandfather was at this. Everyone loved him, everyone knew he was just so easy going and lovable. This is where I want to guide my life this coming year. It may seem "cheesy", but it will benefit not just me.

• Like 3

Not really a new years resolution, but make the most of everyday and always end it with a smile.

Fix the broken headlight on the car, and change the idler pulley. Plus build a bench and coat rack for the foyer.

Its a big list I know. Fingers crossed, been the same resolutions for 3 years running. Should be able to pull it off this year.

I call these New Year DELUSIONS.

My New Years DELUSIONS are always the same.

I am good looking, funny, everyone likes me and I am bullet proof!

I have no intentions on attempting to prove any of the delusions are true, and I therefore remain HAPPY!

Happy New Year to all! -the Pig