What do you love from <insert your country here>

<p>

Canada.

• Maple Syrup. Yes, a cliche but the stuff is so damn good. We even have whiskey's blended with it.
  • Health Care. No matter what ailment you have or accident you suffer you will not lose your house and savings to pay for treatment. The times I have needed it, it came through.
  • Acceptance. We have our wingnuts here too, but for the most part, people are pretty decent, accepting people. Except when it comes to smokers. :rolleyes:
  • Gorgeous, diverse landscapes. So much of Canada is uninhabited and nature is free to roam. The Provinces by the Rockie Mountains have some breathtaking views. The East Coast Provinces are also stunning.
  • Diversity. Just within my own city, I can experience a hundred cultures and cuisines without need for a passport.
Take away the maplesyrup and the Rockies, thats My Sweden ??

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Austria: I can sit down in a Viennese coffee house, drink coffee and smoke a cigar. Indoors. Sometimes you have a good view as well. Very nice.

Canada. Maple Syrup. Yes, a cliche but the stuff is so damn good. We even have whiskey's blended with it. Health Care. No matter what ailment you have or accident you suffer you will not lose you

America: I like the French toast,Spanish rice,Belgian waffles,Canadian bacon,Indian curry,Russian roulette,and Scotch whisky.....

Australia.

The cool change that comes through in the evening of a hot day that can drop the temperature from 35C to 25C making everyone feel human again.

Love the heat, love the cool, add lightening and rain... sheer magic.

yes.gif

Umbria - Having 4 seasons, incomparably good food and (cheap) good wine, the people, hunting season, and outstanding health care. Did I mention (relatively) inexpensive CC's that don't have to be smuggled in? And driving... both the cars, and the SS/Autostrade system.

US - Less bureaucracy to do business, cheap fuel (and travel), freedoms unavailable elsewhere (work to firearms to, well, life)... Good booze, the world available at your doorstep, and linguistic commonality, coast to coast and border to border.

There are, of course, things I'm not fond of in either place, but nothing so bad that I couldn't / wouldn't want to live there.

Miami-that counts as a foreign country...right?

Buffalo Style Chicken Wings

New England Clam Chowder

NY Style Pizza

Easy access to Grouper and Snapper

Influence of Caribbean food from all islands (Ya-mon!)

College Football/NFL-Tailgating (try a double-header sometimes)

Florida Keys

NYC Road Trip

40 minutes to Cuba-Ajiaco, Yuca, Congri, Lechon, Bucanero and a No 2

USA- South Dakota

I love my country and even more so the area I live in. Everyone knows everyone, we greet and wave hello to strangers. I also grew up loving the outdoors, hunting and fishing are ok but I really don't need to be successful at harvesting either as my biggest enjoyment is just being outside. I love the views, the four seasons and the variety of terrain as you can go from mountain, to desert to prairie in a few short miles. I have lived other areas but the sunsets here are often stunning.

2010-Sturgis-Trip-774.jpg

Badlands.jpg

197_1badlands_lightning_s_l.jpg2617-custer-crazy-horse-memorial.3422.la

SD_RoughlockFalls01.jpg

IMG_3868custer%20spppppp.JPG

• Like 1

Australia.

The cool change that comes through in the evening of a hot day that can drop the temperature from 35C to 25C making everyone feel human again.

Love the heat, love the cool, add lightening and rain... sheer magic.

yes.gif

I would heartily agree. We Australians also take our beaches for granted, they are like nothing else in the world and we have souch easy access to them as 90% of us live in urban areas on the coasts.

USA- South Dakota

I love my country and even more so the area I live in. Everyone knows everyone, we greet and wave hello to strangers. I also grew up loving the outdoors, hunting and fishing are ok but I really don't need to be successful at harvesting either as my biggest enjoyment is just being outside. I love the views, the four seasons and the variety of terrain as you can go from mountain, to desert to prairie in a few short miles. I have lived other areas but the sunsets here are often stunning.

2010-Sturgis-Trip-774.jpg

Badlands.jpg

197_1badlands_lightning_s_l.jpg2617-custer-crazy-horse-memorial.3422.la

SD_RoughlockFalls01.jpg

IMG_3868custer%20spppppp.JPG

gotta get a Bike Damn it boy lol

The bike photos were obviously taken in summer as it's a bit cold in South Dakota right now!

Shows -12 but -38f with windchill right now. We still see some people walking around wearing shorts and a coat on. People who grow up in the white north have more tolerance of the cold. I know I don't do to well in the heat myself. A couple years ago my cousin and his buddy went ice climbing in the buff in full view of the highway. His buddy got caught. No big, cops were laughing so hard with everyone else at the bottom. http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/naked-ice-climber-scales-frozen-waterfall/article_8da79718-5858-11e1-98a4-001871e3ce6c.html Looks like some guy in the UK followed suit this year. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/naked-ambition-ice-climber-scales-4727495