Two different looking Juan Lopez #2's... is one suspicious

wookiemofo

I'm used to Juan Lopez being lighter in color like the one pictured ontop. But the bands both look pretty kosher though. I'm stumped! As always the proof will be in the smoking of them.

• 1 month later...

From my readings and tests. Cubans cigars will stand up on their foot where non cubans fall over.

Saw that. Actually I believe the rule is that fake Cubans will fall over. Not sure how good non-Cuban cigars are at maintaining equilibrium.

looks set to me.

the bottom one may have had a slightly more humidification (80+ or so) some time for an extended period of time. But will have to feel it to decide that. then again, it is probably just tobacco from a different field

If you really want to know, take a picture of the two feet. Fake cigars' feet are most of the time horrendous.

Watch any of the dozens of cigar documentaries on youtube and check out the part with the guy or gal standing at a big ol' table with stacks of cigars.

That is the old "64 shades" thing. I never really believed there were that many shades even having seen it in person. However I watched for a solid 45min and the grader was excellent at matching sticks so they went into a box as well matched as possible.

That said each box could range from claro to colorado and still be the same marca & vitola.

As was said, look at the roll from the foot, that will tell you the quality of the blend and skill of the roller. However even that isn't a true metric as a real roller, using stolen bands/ribbons/SLB/tobacco could still make these at home. The good ones might even have a decent way to get a nice even cut on the end.

Smoking is really the only way to tell, so light'em up and let us know.

Why will a fake Cuban fall over?

Because they're rolled on the thighs on non-virgins. Everyone knows a non-virgin thigh is incapable of forming a symmetrical cigar, thus, toppling. Only authentic Habanos are rolled on the thighs of virgins. Thus, balance.

Wilkey

• Like 4

Why will a fake Cuban fall over?

Well, along with what Wilkey stated I believe the presumption is that the filler cannot be rolled evenly, the wrapper won't be applied with the proper balance and the foot can not be cut exactly perpendicular except by specially trained torcedors and only then when working in an officially condoned factory.....

Well, along with what Wilkey stated I believe the presumption is that the filler cannot be rolled evenly, the wrapper won't be applied with the proper balance and the foot can not be cut exactly perpendicular except by specially trained torcedors and only then when working in an officially condoned factory.....

Yeahhhhhhh, I suppose that makes sense too, in a twisted sort of way. :P

Wilkey

Because they're rolled on the thighs on non-virgins. Everyone knows a non-virgin thigh is incapable of forming a symmetrical cigar, thus, toppling. Only authentic Habanos are rolled on the thighs of virgins. Thus, balance.

Wilkey

So that's how those Diamond press cigars are made. On the thighs of promiscuous Dominicans

• 2 months later...