Pussy whipped BOTL...?

Its not about man cards or being whipped, its about whether you find someone who you can compromise both ways with and not feel like you're losing out. If you're with someone who fights with you for every inch, that's no fun. On the other hand, everyone will find something about their partner they don't like. Its a little give and take on both sides.

For me, I smoke inside and outside the house, but I respect that my wife might not like the smell of dense smoke as she's a non-smoker, so if its not the right time, I'll wait until it is. She never comments about my hobby in a negative light, but I never give her a reason to.

Well said bro. Got it in one

I've smoked outside all my smoking life, loath stale smoke in the house plus it just feels uncomfortable to me, even say in a bar or club or friends home. Before I got separated, we fought like cats and dogs about anything and everything especially me smelling of smokes. Now we are separated and are great mates with shared custody of our daughter. She's remarried but we still spend Christmas, Easter etc together with just the four of us. Surprisingly this works really well.

Love the one you with. Be with the one you love

Also one of the lucky ones whereas my lady doesn't care if I smoke cigars or where. I smoke in my garage being that's where my man cave is, it's heated n AC so weather never dictates smoking. Don't smoke in the house cause I like to keep the smoke smell outside. She even smokes a cigar with me from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a very fortunate man, as my wife encourages me to smoke cigars. She loves the aroma and appreciates the fact that it is one of my few real passions. She has her own passion: that deep, dark hole called "professional equestrian", which I support to the fullest.

My wife has told me that I am welcome to smoke in the house when there is a nice breeze, otherwise I do not. Since we spend most of our time at our home on the beach, there is always a breeze! spotlight.gif

I used to smoke cigs. My wife hated them. Cuban cigars, however, are encouraged. It makes my life much easier knowing that I have her support and, in turn, makes me want to support her activities even more.

My wife is a Cardiologist so that should tell you all you need to know... i have a good life insurance policy so i can strategically smoke in front of her from time to time;-) but it's really uncomfortable.

I suppose it's good for me later but for now it sucks.. but hey I will have ton of aged stock in the years to come:-)

At home I smoke anywhere and anytime I choose. My wife of nearly 13 years has never complained about it. She'll smoke a cigar with me every now and then, too.

Guns, cigars, booze. The wifey never complains about any of my habits. And she's a Red Wings fan, too. I married well, thank you very much. :)

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The Wife and I have an understanding based on the premise of "whatever makes you happy".

She accepts my interests and visa versa.

20th Anniversary tomorrow :)

Better think of something special...

Count me as one of the lucky ones

My missus loves that I smoke cigars. She's says its a part of me and if she tried to stop me it would be like her trying to stop me being myself.

Couple that with the fact she enjoys all aspects of cigars without actually wanting to smoke any her self and I reckon I'm onto a winner.

Also, when it comes to all the purchases I make, her attitude is if the bills are paid, spend away

This is my luck as well. She wants me to get a matching Aristocrat Mini-Tall when I fill up my first one and then she wants us to build an indoor smoking room when we buy a house. She doesn't smoke but loves that I do. She usually joins me on the balcony with a book and we enjoy some drinks.

This is my luck as well. She wants me to get a matching Aristocrat Mini-Tall when I fill up my first one and then she wants us to build an indoor smoking room when we buy a house. She doesn't smoke but loves that I do.

Surely we can sequence this DNA genome and upgrade all our girlfriends :)

• Like 1

This is my luck as well. She wants me to get a matching Aristocrat Mini-Tall when I fill up my first one and then she wants us to build an indoor smoking room when we buy a house. She doesn't smoke but loves that I do. She usually joins me on the balcony with a book and we enjoy some drinks.

Surely we can sequence this DNA genome and upgrade all our girlfriends smile.png

My wife/girlfriend/best friend has this gene. yes.gif

I have a similar situation as the OP. My wife hates it and used to insist I shower after I smoke and hang my clothes outside to air out, and no way would she let me smoke in the house, although she tolerates it if I smoke in the yard or the patio (although it's certainly better to do so when she's not around). We live in San Diego so weather is rarely a problem where that is concerned. And we rent our place and smoking is not allowed so I would not smoke inside anyway. I have two cooler-a-dors full of cigars, but I keep those in my man cave and she knows that is my territory so she doesn't care what I keep in there. Also, I did put my foot down about a year ago with the showering. I just told her I'm not showering every time I smoke, although I will wash my face and put on a fresh shirt, which I used to do anyway when I was single. She doesn't like it but sometimes you've got to draw the line to what's reasonable.

• Like 1

My wife not a huge fan but she deals with it, used to smoke with me yrs back but that was before the kids. Two small kids means only smoking outside no matter how cold it is and washing up after.

• Like 1

Mine hates me smoking till I buried her where no will find her

Seriously she doesn't mind as long as it's not in the house plus she likes the great friends I have made through FOH cigars whiskey/rum vs hand bags shoes jewellery sounds fair to me

• Like 1

It's the subject none of us talk about...the shameful underbelly of BOTL

Just wondering who else is totally ***** whipped about smoking cigars by their significant other?

My missus forbids me to smoke anywhere that smoke can enter the house and I am forced to literally endure a biohazard decontamination, post ignition !

Full strip before being allowed back in the house, immediate shower, with clothes straight into the wash and teeth brushed (same process when I go fishing so at least she's consistent)

Won't even let me have the full size Aristocrat humidor as it "clashes with her style aesthetic" but I did get a pass for a half size cabinet humidor :)

I have to laugh though as she's such an awesome chick and my BFF but I gotta retrieve my balls outta her handbag...

With all my purchases her shoe collection is growing fast, fairs fair says Di :)

I do this anyway with kids around.

Wife is just concerned and reminds me that everything in moderation is ok. She suggested I keep my balls with her so that I don't misplace them... Lol

This is ironic! My wife hate all tobacco. Breaks my horns about cigar smoke but she realized over time that it relaxes me. So our deal is if I am relaxed and she is not I am forced to have more sex with her. This is reverse sociology 101. Now I win x2.

• Like 2

When I met my wife she knew I enjoyed cigars. And she doesn't frown when I decide to have one because she knows it gives me peace of mind. I never smoke in the house.

• Like 1

no.gif

My wife is cool about my smoking cigars but a bit concerned about the health risks. I used to be a once a month smoker that has moved up to twice a week and that's where she draws the line. No need to go through decontamination except for brushing my teeth, which I would do anyway.

Not a problem for me. Smoke anywhere, anytime. She just says as long as I'm taking care of her she's fine. There are a couple other areas she comes down on me though. Honey do list anyone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well she lives with it - finds it too frequent and smelly. Biggest issue I think, is that she is left alone back in the living room, listening to our child sleeping, while I seek refuge in the back of our garden.

• Like 1