Pussy whipped BOTL...?

It's the subject none of us talk about...the shameful underbelly of BOTL

Just wondering who else is totally ***** whipped about smoking cigars by their significant other?

My missus forbids me to smoke anywhere that smoke can enter the house and I am forced to literally endure a biohazard decontamination, post ignition !

Full strip before being allowed back in the house, immediate shower, with clothes straight into the wash and teeth brushed (same process when I go fishing so at least she's consistent)

Won't even let me have the full size Aristocrat humidor as it "clashes with her style aesthetic" but I did get a pass for a half size cabinet humidor :)

I have to laugh though as she's such an awesome chick and my BFF but I gotta retrieve my balls outta her handbag...

With all my purchases her shoe collection is growing fast, fairs fair says Di :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sting. Someone will be around shortly to revoke your man card. Thank you for your cooperation. ;)

But seriously, if you have to do this dance each cigar or fish I can only suggest one solution. Go fishing every time you smoke. It'll be challenging, but I'm sure you're up for it

• Like 2

Lol mines not as bad with the smoking but I do have to be covert with all the boxes coming in. Luckily they dont all show up at once so she only notices maybe every other one. If she knew about them all then I would be investing in a lot more purses and shoes I can assure you.

Yeah it's a tough situation. Smoking causes cancer. She doesn't like that aspect but as far as buying is concerned, it my money she says. She doesn't care for the smell but she hardly ever says anything.

If smoking didn't have any ties to the big C, I'd never get my balls broken.

Balls don't get broken here fellas.. I picked one with this hobby in mind. She respects it, smoke when I want to, where I want to. She enjoys the smell of a cuban and actually can distinct certain cigars from others...

But these are our ladies gentlemen, we have to keep them happy however it is that we can..

• Like 1

I'm lucky I guess. Wife loves to have a smoke now and again and accompanies me to the lcdh each Saturday. No complaints on clothes or anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah Angela is a Legend really, this tread is just a bit of fun as it's good to laugh at ourselves every now and again.

I have three smoking buddies here and we all cop it from the wife over smoking :)

She loves and attends every Single Malt Whisky club with me, has no issue with how much I spend...even tastes a very special cigar occasionally.

Just doesn't like some smells...stale smoke, or post fishing.

She likes hats, shoes, handbags and Antique furniture...I like Cubans, Single Malts, Firearms and Mopars :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Count me as one of the lucky ones

My missus loves that I smoke cigars. She's says its a part of me and if she tried to stop me it would be like her trying to stop me being myself.

Couple that with the fact she enjoys all aspects of cigars without actually wanting to smoke any her self and I reckon I'm onto a winner.

Also, when it comes to all the purchases I make, her attitude is if the bills are paid, spend away

• Like 3

Very lucky, here. Smoke exclusively in my house, in my oversized leather chair/ottoman, watching my 55 inch Sony, but I'm in the process of redoing the entire inside of my house, and am converting a bedroom to my cigar room to give my BFF/wife some relief.

My wife doesn't mind me smoking on the patio outside. Inside is a no go until we convert to hardwood floors. I really don't mind smoking outside though-- not a huge stale smoke fan.

She doesn't really say anything about the boxes I order either. One time when I had like 12 deliveries in a month she said "Do you think you have enough cigars?" but other than that one time she never said anything. Probably because my response to that was to buy her a bunch of clothes and shoes.

guess i'm another lucky one. as long as i smoke outside it doesn't bother her. plus she is a cigarette smoker, if she starts complaining about the cigars then i start complaining about the cigarettes :D

if the bills are paid, spend away

and this applies to me too.

• Like 1

No issues here though the inside smoking is not allowed. Well we have a 2.5 yrs old boy plus she is pregnant so I would never smoke inside myself even if she allows it. (Until I got my house with a specific smoking room, but thats a different story then) No worries on clothes after smoking or anything like that. Some cigars have really great aroma even after smoking, she admits. I do not smoke in small unventillated rooms, hate to stink. The boxes. She only says sometimes: oh my god how many cigars have you got. Thats it. She respects and respected all of my hobbies as I do hers. That is the way if you love someone. You love her/him with all the weird and strange things she/he does, don't you?!

I got a divorce about 15 years ago. Ahhhhh sweet freedom. Smoke where I want, when I want, what I want. I think I'll be buying some JL seleccion No.2 next month to smoke with my Balvenie Portwood.

All these guys saying how great their wife is despite living with Josef Kramer on crack are full of crap. If they were offered the red pill or the blue pill and on taking the blue pill would arise the next day minus Miss Hitler Youth Camp 2014 we all know what they'd do.

Be smart, dump the expensive Versace ball and chain. Live the good life and in future don't let any woman know your real name, address or telephone number.

"A woman is an occasion pleasure ... but a cigar is always a smoke." - Groucho Marx.

• Like 1

My wife doesn't like the cigar smoking and would much rather I didn't do it. But she's another one who will not ask me to stop as I enjoy it very much. But I am strictly an outdoor smoker in spring/summer/fall as long as weather co operates, if weather is bad or it's winter its off to the shed I go with the space heater. When it comes to the post smoke smell on clothes and what not, I will usually come in and wash my hands and brush my teeth shortly after and will probably change my shirt. She doesn't tell me to but I just do it anyway. Just so I don't hear the "you stink" comments. And so she can't use the smell as an excuse if we start to get in the mood for a little...you know.:wink2:

I got a divorce about 15 years ago. Ahhhhh sweet freedom. Smoke where I want, when I want, what I want. I think I'll be buying some JL seleccion No.2 next month to smoke with my Balvenie Portwood.

All these guys saying how great their wife is despite living with Josef Kramer on crack are full of crap. If they were offered the red pill or the blue pill and on taking the blue pill would arise the next day minus Miss Hitler Youth Camp 2014 we all know what they'd do.

Be smart, dump the expensive Versace ball and chain. Live the good life and in future don't let any woman know your real name, address or telephone number.

"A woman is an occasion pleasure ... but a cigar is always a smoke." - Groucho Marx.

I have to disagree with you here buddy, my idea of the good life involves my girl. You must have picked a real winner to end up that bitter towards women

• Like 2

hehehehe some real hatred there.......

My girl likes the smell of cigars on me, buys me boxes as surprises and we both spend on whatever we want as long as bills are paid first, hurray!

This. As long as the bills are paid then she doesn't care what I buy. I go through the decontamination bit as well, but for me it's worth it. I get the girl and the smoke.
  • Like 2

Its not about man cards or being whipped, its about whether you find someone who you can compromise both ways with and not feel like you're losing out. If you're with someone who fights with you for every inch, that's no fun. On the other hand, everyone will find something about their partner they don't like. Its a little give and take on both sides.

For me, I smoke inside and outside the house, but I respect that my wife might not like the smell of dense smoke as she's a non-smoker, so if its not the right time, I'll wait until it is. She never comments about my hobby in a negative light, but I never give her a reason to.

• Like 3

I too am one of the fortunate ones. Not a peep about any of it except that she likes the smell. I don't smoke in the house (and wouldn't even if I could due to the child) although I am in the middle of converting my man room into a smoking room with her full approval.

I feel for you guys that don't have it so easy although I understand too.

My missus forbids me to smoke anywhere that smoke can enter the house and I am forced to literally endure a biohazard decontamination, post ignition

Forbids???

Sorry for your trouble.