Missing in Action: Vegueros

I know many of you will be devastated that the three new 2013 Vegueros releases have not yet materialised.

Mananitas, Tapados, Entretiempos...........oh where are you lookaround.gif

If our Havana insiders have any news....let us know. Have any been produced? Has anyone seen one?

or was it all a big night out on the rum by the marketing team.....only to wake up a week later to the madness .....and hoping it all just goes quietly away lol3.gif

• Like 1

I'm surprised nothing at all has leaked out at all. I haven't seen a single thing across the net since the festival releases/give always

Maybe the success of the Quintero favoritos and RG perla has made them satisfied with the state of the cheap and cheerful catalogue, or made them decide to expand those lines instead eg the new Quintero petit Quintero?

It's not even as if expectations split opinions like with the new Cohiba EL which created a lot of buzz.

No one simply seemed to care, I don't think I ever saw one strong opinion one way or the other.

Or they are having trouble with the Delorian and getting back to the 70's to source the biscuit tins! :D

A German LCDH shows them in the website (including prices) but they are not available yet.

I heard that HU half corona (5 tins) would be discontinued due to metal issues só I guessed Vegueros was following the same way.

Well, this morning I received an email from a vendor saying they are avalaible again so maybe the metal problem is not true.

When they were release at the festival, we got a bunch of pre-release banded mananitas, I reviewed them here.party.gif

At the beginning, we heard it was a packaging problem but then we didn't hear anything else lol...

I think the could potentially sell well. The Favoritos proved that but let's see if they ever come out!

Upon learning the Veguero's aren't available yet via phone call from Rob......

• 4 weeks later...

a source told me that they would come in april this year. it was also on CA website.

they still have some days left until april is over, or else it was an april fools joke.

i kinda have the feeling that its gonna be the same story with the torreon from SCDH.

they will magically appear, with no notice in advance.

a source told me that they would come in april this year. it was also on CA website.

they still have some days left until april is over, or else it was an april fools joke.

i kinda have the feeling that its gonna be the same story with the torreon from SCDH.

Sure they both will.

It was a market research ploy. They wanted to gauge the public interest.

Since the idea did not seem to have floated, everyone's moved on to work on the next big idea: Guantanamera Cristales En Cedros - now available in real crystal glass tubes wrapped in cedar. ;)

Guantanamera Cristales En Cedros - now available in real crystal glass tubes wrapped in cedar. ;)

They wrap the glass tubes in cedar?

I saw torreons available in many shops in Havana in February, my local LCDH also has few, no sign of Vegueros though

On Friday night I decided to try one of these again. It had been over a year since my last. This was one I received at the Habanos festival last year. Quite a few around then but I haven't seen any sign of the tins yet either.

Not much of a pre-light aroma. Nice looking cigar, the draw was very good.

As for flavours, not a whole lot to write about.

The first was was quite harsh, still very young-tasting. Ammonia on the nose and little else. I don't know if some people call that "spice", I don't.

In the second half there was some sweetness but really nothing particularly interesting.

Generally boring. I remember seeing an Italian price list for these over a year ago, from what I remember they were less than €100 for a box of 16, so they will be on the cheap side.

However, for recent cheap releases, the Quintero Favorito is a much better buy going on that example.

Vegueros Tapado

post-3053-0-68066400-1401108625_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...