Major forum reconstruction: Your input sought

Every few years we have to go through this as not ugrading sites is tantamount to disaster if you fall too far behind.

We are with IP Board. Love them, hate them, we are with them.

We have a myriad of changes planned without changing the feel or design too much. One area we will change dramatically is the trading area and include some serious trader feedbacks. Mind you , you will not be able to participate with less than 6 months membership and 200 posts.

So keeping all this in mind, what changes would you like to see? If you are a little devoid in ideas head to http://community.invisionpower.com/files/category/106-hooks-and-plugins/ to see what is available as plug ins.

Completion is 31st of march latest. have your say now so we can plan and implement where possible.

Cheers

Rob

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Install and automatic temporary ban for "Any" member who talks about the Redskins and Bruce Springsteen over a certain amount of times in a day.......(Kennnnnnnnnnnnn)

Buy a PC! Problem solved! The size limit for pics shouldn't be increased in my opinion. If you need to post massive pics or a lot of them (eg Havanathon), upload them to Photobucket or Picasa and th

More cowbell. . .

Install and automatic temporary ban for "Any" member who talks about the Redskins and Bruce Springsteen over a certain amount of times in a day.......(Kennnnnnnnnnnnn)

• Like 3

I would love support of foreign languages. Just makes it easier to talk about certain topics.

Uploading photos could possibly be made simpler. Uploading from a Mac takes several steps and I have to write and post first, then pull up the full editor to be able to attach pics. Also, if your file size is too big there is no option to resize at the point of upload, your upload merely fails and you have to start over.

Like on Donnie Brasco, Rob and co from Czars could have a " friends of Mine" and a " friends of ours" something or symbol to go with a profile just to vouch for people. Allot more work for RA I know but it will allow the oil at the water hole to come to the surface to be separated.

Uploading photos could possibly be made simpler. Uploading from a Mac takes several steps and I have to write and post first, then pull up the full editor to be able to attach pics.

Buy a PC! Problem solved! tongue.png

The size limit for pics shouldn't be increased in my opinion. If you need to post massive pics or a lot of them (eg Havanathon), upload them to Photobucket or Picasa and then post a link.

• Like 1

Cool.

Easier photo upload for sure. It's so easy from a mobile phone, but tricky from the laptop.

I think the topic/categories needs a re-think/re-shuffle, and a touch of simplicity.

Something along the lines of:-

• Cigars
  • Wine
  • Beer
  • Spirits
  • Food
  • Sport
  • Music
  • Art
  • Events
  • etc

I think an Events tab would be great. We see a bunch of crew get together here and there, but I think it should be an open and global tab. Especially as a lot of us travel, and we could easily plug into a gathering if overseas, and near by at the right time and place. The Sydney and Perth boys are always doing it, and I think we should do it in Brisbane more too. I know we always have the envious position of 'the deck' but I also host a Cigar Sunday at my place, and would like to get a few crew along when possible.

Plus, its these events where most of the group photos are taken. I don't mind beautiful pictures of cigars, bottles and food, but it is way more awesome when people are in the shots too. And then you feel like you get to know them more.

Along with the poker, I think a simple plug-in video game would be neat, where we can all compete. I might be going out on a limb here, but something like a sword fighting game, where all the swords are different vitolas of cigars which you can earn with high scores, and the highest score at the end of the year gets an inaugural trophy and a box of cigars. This may drawer in an engage some of the more youthful aficionados amongst us, while providing the ability to poke fun at the more veteran members.

Hope this helps.

Cool.

Easier photo upload for sure. It's so easy from a mobile phone, but tricky from the laptop.

I think the topic/categories needs a re-think/re-shuffle, and a touch of simplicity.

• Cigars
  • Wine
  • Beer
  • Spirits
  • Food
  • Sport
  • Music
  • Art
  • Events
  • etc

I think an Events tab would be great. We see a bunch of crew get together here and there, but I think it should be an open and global tab. Especially as a lot of us travel, and we could easily plug into a gathering if overseas, and near by at the right time and place. The Sydney and Perth boys are always doing it, and I think we should do it in Brisbane more too. I know we always have the envious position of 'the deck' but I also host a Cigar Sunday at my place, and would like to get a few crew along when possible.

Plus, its these events where most of the group photos are taken. I don't mind beautiful pictures of cigars, bottles and food, but it is way more awesome when people are in the shots too. And then you feel like you get to know them more.

Along with the poker, I think a simple plug-in video game would be neat, where we can all compete. I might be going out on a limb here, but something like a sword fighting game, where all the swords are different vitolas of cigars which you can earn with high scores, and the highest score at the end of the year gets an inaugural trophy and a box of cigars. This may drawer in an engage some of the more youthful aficionados amongst us, while providing the ability to poke fun at the more veteran members.

Hope this helps.

I like the events suggestion.

• Cigars
  • Wine
  • Beer
  • Spirits
  • Food
  • Sport
  • Music
  • Art
  • Events
  • etc

What about a Cuba travel/holiday section

Cool.

• Cigars
  • Wine
  • Beer
  • Spirits
  • Food
  • Sport
  • Music
  • Art
  • Events
  • etc

Hope this helps.

All great suggestions.

I love the wine/ scotch sections here. What would take it step further for me is a pairing.

I also get totally intrigued by the blind tasting section. If guys tried that regularly, that would be very interesting. We think we know our stuff? Show us!

Sounds like a Great idea Skyfall! My local hangout for cigars and drinks is in Rumson, and for all the years I've spent there not one person has EVER talked about that " No Talent" Springsteen and he lives 2 minutes away! Here with Ken on the other hand is a different story! LoL!!

Buy a PC! Problem solved! tongue.png

The size limit for pics shouldn't be increased in my opinion. If you need to post massive pics or a lot of them (eg Havanathon), upload them to Photobucket or Picasa and then post a link.

Smoking a petit corona doesn't make the picture smaller... Gawd. lookaround.gif

Uploading photos could possibly be made simpler. Uploading from a Mac takes several steps and I have to write and post first, then pull up the full editor to be able to attach pics. Also, if your file size is too big there is no option to resize at the point of upload, your upload merely fails and you have to start over.

x2

No immediate suggestions come to mind, but want to extend a hearty thanks for all of the hard work maintaining the forum and for soliciting for feedback in the first place!

Top notch site here, Rob. I appreciate all you do to keep it the most civil place to talk about cigars on the internet.

How about some notification on the site when somebody quotes one of your posts or sends an @ using a forum handle. I know I have missed many comments in the past.

It would be nice to have a beefed up trading section as well.

Tighter security and screening would be good to me thinks...innocent.gif

How about some notification on the site when somebody quotes one of your posts or sends an @ using a forum handle. I know I have missed many comments in the past.

It would be nice to have a beefed up trading section as well.

Tighter security and screening would be good to me thinks...innocent.gif

I second the @ command where the site sends a notification of someone quoting your handle.

ex. I enjoyed a great PSD4 thanks to @Shlomo

Cool.

• Cigars
  • Wine
  • Beer
  • Spirits
  • Food
  • Sport
  • Music
  • Art
  • Events
  • etc

Hope this helps.

I think this is a superb suggestion.