Major forum reconstruction: Your input sought

A "like" function like Facebook. People can like posts, threads or pictures posted on the forum.

X2

This would enable members to show their appreciation of/agreement with anothers post without quoting and making another post. We use it a lot on another Aussie forum and it certainly helps to grease the wheels of friendship and friendly discourse.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Install and automatic temporary ban for "Any" member who talks about the Redskins and Bruce Springsteen over a certain amount of times in a day.......(Kennnnnnnnnnnnn)

Buy a PC! Problem solved! The size limit for pics shouldn't be increased in my opinion. If you need to post massive pics or a lot of them (eg Havanathon), upload them to Photobucket or Picasa and th

More cowbell. . .

I agree with the events tab for herfs around the world going on.

Also it would be nice to have an additional section for cigar smoking travel guides.

Members from different parts of the world could write short guides on cigar smoking culture in their area so when other members visit they have a good idea of what to expect.

Rob, I also miss your personal comments and opinions on each cigar from the old cigar-czar site.

Search seems to be limited for me too. It seems to limit the number of queries to 5? I have more luck using Google to search what I want to search on FoH and normally I can find quicker that way (FoH pages coming up on Google).

I dont think anything can beat a google search. Not even academic institutes develop search engines nearly as good.

So... I guess this is a wishlist-type addition, but I think it would be really handy to have some sort of "cigar library" or "cigar reference" functionality - like a button. A button that floats on the side of the frame/page so it's right there, no matter where you scroll. I.e. someone posts about a cigar you've never heard of and you want to know more about it, so you click on the "cigar library" button, a window snaps out with a list of all the marcas, click on the one you're looking for, it pulls up all the vitolas, etc, find the one you're looking for, and then it pulls ups a little snippet/summary of the cigar. 2 or 3 clicks and you've got the info you were looking for. I suppose it's not all that much more difficult to use Bing or Google, but I do think it would reduce the time spent sifting through the search results.

I've no idea what it would take to implement something like that, so...

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

• Like 1

* get the poker room to work on a mobile platform.

* Drag and drop interface for adding pictures

* Categorise the youtube reviews in a subforum so its easier to find the review of a particular cigar.

It may have already been mentioned ...a stock alert email, basically if something is not in stock like Party shorts 50 cab today. You register your interest and an email is sent automatically when back in stock. This enables people like me and hopefully others to jump on them quickly before they sell out again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Meets - we used to have this in the old bike forum I moderated. A thread for informal, spontaneous stuff, eg, "Meeting some pals at such-and-such a place for beers and smokes at 8pm tonight. Come and join if you're around"

A "last unread post" button on new content threads would be good, too

So... I guess this is a wishlist-type addition, but I think it would be really handy to have some sort of "cigar library" or "cigar reference" functionality - like a button. A button that floats on the side of the frame/page so it's right there, no matter where you scroll. I.e. someone posts about a cigar you've never heard of and you want to know more about it, so you click on the "cigar library" button, a window snaps out with a list of all the marcas, click on the one you're looking for, it pulls up all the vitolas, etc, find the one you're looking for, and then it pulls ups a little snippet/summary of the cigar. 2 or 3 clicks and you've got the info you were looking for. I suppose it's not all that much more difficult to use Bing or Google, but I do think it would reduce the time spent sifting through the search results.

I've no idea what it would take to implement something like that, so...

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

This. But it already kind of exists with Trevor's Cuban cigar website. Maybe it can act as a reference library somehow.

An accessory forum would be cool as well

• 2 weeks later...

Having some issues with the mobile version and full version via iPhone, not sure if it's just at my end but everything is fine (Mainwebsite) until I try to access the forums, then it's like the hyperlink is broken.

I'm leaning towards it being at my end just thought I'd file a chit :D

Nope not just you, I've not been able to access the site via iPhone since yesterday. I'm using Tapatalk currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're aware of the mobile issue - http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117975

There's no specific reason I can find for the site bombing on iPhone / Android in the last 24 hours - nothing has changed since the big update last week. I've contacted Invision and they're looking into it.

Well I hope I can get through another day without looking FOH on my phoneno.gif

Not sure if this would fall under forum update or not but I would love to see in the review section a standard for naming posts with the correct name of the cigar being reviewed. Takes 20 searches for find all the reviews of Cohiba Robusto, CoRo...

X2 maybe auto fill, or dropdown menu, etc, ?