The closest ?

I have been on the forum for a few days and reading old post and I have not seen a thread on what Nc stick you think has the most Cuban qualities

For me its a Herrera Esteli but I am still very new to Habanos

Eric

There are many great non cuban cigars. But the only cigar that tastes like a cuban is a genuine cuban cigar. The aroma and unique flavor has not been replicated in any other tobacco growing country. So enjoy both types of cigars for what they are. In the non cuban category I enjoy mostly Padron Anniversaries and Arturo Fuente sungrowns. They each have their own distinctive tastes.

None

It's kind of like asking "Which Catfish eggs are most like Ocetra Caviar?"

Padron 1926? My buddy let me one and it was good but not a Cuban. I'm not well versed but Had A Undercrown that was good Oliva O/V were good as well but like I said I haven't smoked enough NCs. Those tho have been good and enjoyable

The paradox is this: the majority of Habanos smokers will swear that NC's that could be mistaken for a Cuban cigar are as rare as hen's teeth. Yet, in the few near, almost, semi-scientific tastings that I've witnessed, people are as bad as chance level when asked to pick Cuban/non-Cuban. In other words, flip a coin. 'Splain me that one.

As for the Padron 1926, if you were to cut off my tongue and stomp on it with boots, I'd still be able to tell you with 100% confidence that it was not a Habanos. There are cigars that are Cuban-esque but this is not one of them.

Wilkey

All in the twang. I spent alot of cash trying to find a substitute. Even a mediocre CC has a difference from a Nic, Hond, Dom cig.

Pre craze early 90's Partagas #10 had alot of flavor and spice but could not compare to a present day Montecristo.

The problem with non-Cuban cigars is that there are so bloody many of them out there and one can spend a lot trying to find the one one likes. That said I have found some non-Cuban cigars that are real gems but not ONE of them was like a Cuban cigar.

I get metallic profiles from ALL Nicaraguan cigars - something I rarely if ever see from CC. I haven't had too many Dominican, Honduran or other origin cigars to comment on them.

My attitude toward it is why consume bland to average smokes, when I can have better cigars in CC for a cheaper price, and easier to acquire.

I don't know man CCs just taste so organic to me, NCs taste like pepper and ash.

I hear you I think that's why I found myself buying more CC not a huge pepper fan at lest in my cigar

I enjoy a NC every now and then these days. I tend to gravitate toward the Arturo Fuentes. Either the Hemingway maduros or the Anejos when I want a maduro cigar with a ton of that espresso/dark chocolate flavors.

That being said, I have never searched for a non cuban cigar that was simialar or tastes like a cuban. If you want a pepper bomb in your mouth, choose something from Nicaragua, if you want a smooth great tasting semi-one dimensional cigar, choose a Fuente from the Dominican, if you want to have a cigar that could take you on a "ride" of flavor changes and wonder, choose a cuban. There is a time and place for each although I now find myself 9.8 out of 10 times looking for that "ride."

I don't know man CCs just taste so organic to me, NCs taste like pepper and ash.

Agreed.....there is no duplicating the distinct earthy, organic rich tones of the CCs. It is twang that just doesn't exist anywhere else. Not to say some NCs can't be pleasant, but you'll look for a loooong time to find one that tastes like an average CC.

A notion that don't even exist in the language of people who grow cuban tobacco and roll cuban cigars… lol3.gifwhistle.gif

excuse me, in the orignial language and indiginous vernacular the term "El Twango" is readily understood. innocent.gif

If you want the taste of a Cuban cigar, just smoke a Cuban cigar teacher.gif

I never got why people try to find NCs that replicate the taste of a CC when there are real CC so readily available.

This is like asking which prosecco tastes the most like champagne.

The answer is none of them; they are different products made from different materials grown in different soils, the only similarities are that they are made from Grapes/Tobacco

I do like quite a few NC, however I would enjoy them in their own right; not compare them to CC

excuse me, in the orignial language and indiginous vernacular the term "El Twango" is readily understood. innocent.gif

Sure, that's probably why it doesn't appear on ANY book about tobacco, any book about habanos, any advertisement, booklet, interviews, article, etc. But you were actually joking, right?

To me, "cuban twang" is a harmless term that has been developed more so in North America where both NC and CC are purchased on a large scale. The term is often used to describe the sometimes indescribable difference between the two.

To me, "cuban twang" is a harmless term that has been developed more so in North America where both NC and CC are purchased on a large scale. The term is often used to describe the sometimes indescribable difference between the two.

Agreed 100%.