Cigars which smoke well young

Interested in opinions on suggestions for which smokes are the best straight out the box/without any age on them.

I know many will say all, but I have a fresh box of P2's and a box of RASS which are IMO OK at the minute, but I feel will really benefit from a couple of years lying down.

The oldest box I have is a 2012 and I need to something to smoke whilst i'm waiting...

In my limited cigar smoking life I have found that Cohibas smoke very well young namely the Robustos and the Siglo VI's.

Like Jerocco, I've gone through two boxes of fresh JL2 this year. Hoyo Epi 2 was good too this year, had one box go sick on me though. The Monte line seems to produce decent flavors while still young. In my experience, Upmann cigars really change with 3,4,5 years on them. Good fresh, but something really different with some age on.

It's a completely personal opinion. While you may only prefer some cigars young, others will only enjoy them aged. Some will enjoy that same cigar young or aged. The rabbit hole is deep.

Another vote for Bolivar PCs. If you like strong cigars, the 2012 RyJ Cazadores & Partagas Presedentes are fantastic now. Never cared for young Cohibas. Their flavor develops much more with 3-4 years of age.

I've only ever had 1 cohiba, a robusto, and tbh it didn't do a lot for me, It wasn't bad in any way but I think I was expecting more given the price.

Cheers for the suggestions - I've ordered some singles today; JL2, Regios, SerieA, Cazadores, Monte Edmundo and Nr2, Epi 2, Upmann Royal Robusto and Nr2

Think I might grab a box of BPC as they won't break the bank and I've got a box of BFF (GUT OCT-12) which are smoking nicely right now, although i want to put the 15 I have left down to see if they improve.

I have been loving the 2012 Rafael Gonzalez Perlas and PL Montecarlos. The latter doesn't seem to need as much time as PLPCs to round out the rough edges. On the other hand, I've smoked a few JLS #1s and felt they needed some more age. Has anyone noticed a difference between how these smoke young compared to the #2s?

• 2 weeks later...

I started sampling singles then acquire boxes of those I prefer. trying one when it arrives then gauging if its good for now and if not to put down to sample every now and then so eventually it becomes a regular smoke. With luck I should have enough to rotate to satisfy my tastes. Unfortunately there are always plenty of other cc's you want to try. ;-)