Damn Hipsters

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate that Hipsters stole my beer (PBR). It's getting more expensive and slightly humiliating to enjoy!

If I'm reading you correctly, I agree.

Within the hipster community, there's a very useful and beneficial sect. Ruling out the poser hipsters and the dead-head hippie ones, are the ones who are bringing back all the old professions and trades. In my neck of the woods, all of the old school butcher shops, barbers, organic farmers, cobblers, etc. are being opened by these guys. All of these skills would go the way of the dinosaur if it wasn't for them.

Nailed it. :)

I am truly staggered hipsters haven't invaded the cigar world. Is there some missing irony ripe for exploitation? Or did I just speak to soon?

74e1f0ef7800c783758b5f2e0cd43c3e.jpg?ito

You obviously have not seen Matt Booth from Room 101 Cigars.

Hipsters:

nyty7yju.jpg

Awesome. I like those hipsters!!!! drool.gif

Wowee!

And I got one of those xikar cutters cause I thought they were cool.

But I thought it was cool first though, got it?!

LOL. Kinda like Rob and his new fangled stingray leather boots? I got the stingray leather sheaths with my Xikar cutters, before it was cool on boots!!!! biggrin.png

Awesome. I like those hipsters!!!! drool.gif

LOL. Kinda like Rob and his new fangled stingray leather boots? I got the stingray leather sheaths with my Xikar cutters, before it was cool on boots!!!! biggrin.png

Oh yeah, I make my own Stingray condoms! Beat that....

Yeah there's a difference between hipsters and renaissance peeps. The renaissance peeps are bringing back cool **** like cobbling and those good old trades.

Hipsters do **** all except grow beards and become graphic designers. They thinks there's an inherent irony which makes all the dumb **** they do alright, but actually it just demonstrates their understanding of the fact they're doing dumb ****.

Anyhoo, they'll never get into cigars because they're too expensive. Cigars are usually considered an elitist thing so hipsters won't have any of that.

Hole is getting deeper. I am a graphic designer, I live in the country, do **** all a lot, but no beard yet...

But no hipster can afford the stuff we buy here and hubby is a CEO, so I think I am just a poser.

Hipsters are posers. They get into things to appear to be cool and have no real passion for those things.

A hipster is a person who

• pays $100 for a designer t-shirt that was fake aged, instead of getting one for $2 at the local St Vinnies
  • view themselves as intellectuals who eschews the mainstream
  • cannibalises different sub-cultures and rolls them all into one, typically with an air of sarcasm or irony
  • once something they follow becomes too "mainstream" they dump it for something else
  • thinks they are better than you

There are reports that because of the huge numbers of hipsters in LA, the layer of smog in the air has been replaced by a layer of smug. tongue.png

Yeah there's a difference between hipsters and renaissance peeps. The renaissance peeps are bringing back cool **** like cobbling and those good old trades.

Hipsters do **** all except grow beards and become graphic designers. They thinks there's an inherent irony which makes all the dumb **** they do alright, but actually it just demonstrates their understanding of the fact they're doing dumb ****.

Anyhoo, they'll never get into cigars because they're too expensive. Cigars are usually considered an elitist thing so hipsters won't have any of that.

Agree - Big difference between Hipsters and Artisans .

Artisans were probably once Hipsters who realized the folly of their ways and now spend the rest of their lives trying to make it up to society. " I'm sorry I was a ******, please try my awesome organic regional cave aged cheese!"

There are reports that because of the huge numbers of hipsters in LA, the layer of smog in the air has been replaced by a layer of smug. tongue.png

A classic southpark episode.

If there is hope.. it lies in the hipsters..

This is true

If I'm reading you correctly, I agree.

Within the hipster community, there's a very useful and beneficial sect. Ruling out the poser hipsters and the dead-head hippie ones, are the ones who are bringing back all the old professions and trades. In my neck of the woods, all of the old school butcher shops, barbers, organic farmers, cobblers, etc. are being opened by these guys. All of these skills would go the way of the dinosaur if it wasn't for them.

Very true

Isn't a hatred of EL, RE and 50+ rg cigars a little hipster behavior?

"I smoked long and skinnies before it was cool"

Almost

I am truly staggered hipsters haven't invaded the cigar world. Is there some missing irony ripe for exploitation? Or did I just speak to soon?

Spoke too soon

Although I'd say I'm more of a hepcat than a hipster, everything is safety in numbers these days! nyah.gif

*edit: in closing, if you drink and enjoy craft beer, you're a hipster too

Instagram hipster haha

ilSosQx.gif

I get the photo part as I teach at the local art college so i pretty much have seen stuff like this all the time. The funny thing about this fellow Is the scarf and hat with shorts, and t-shirt. I don't get that.

I challenge any city in the world to have a higher per capita hipster rate than Melbourne. I would immediately start handing out how-to-vote cards for any party running an anti "fixie" bike platform.

Try Brooklyn.