Damn Hipsters

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm reading you correctly, I agree.

Within the hipster community, there's a very useful and beneficial sect. Ruling out the poser hipsters and the dead-head hippie ones, are the ones who are bringing back all the old professions and trades. In my neck of the woods, all of the old school butcher shops, barbers, organic farmers, cobblers, etc. are being opened by these guys. All of these skills would go the way of the dinosaur if it wasn't for them.

I think that's a different breed.

I thought hipsters were just modern day beatnics?

Its the hippies who really get stuff done when then get older, set up the wine industry and Silicon Valley in Cali etc

I thought that was the 'baby boomers"???

I have family who were hippies and set up shop in Napa/Sonoma. They made it big with wine, but still live like hippies. True hipsters spend more on clothes and accessories than normal people to look alternative. They take up most environmental/animal based causes ASAP. They can also be a great addition to any community, within reason. I think what most people have issue with is how they marginalize and think most "normal" people are shallow consumers who are destroying the earth. Those are the true hipsters.

The faux hipsters are the ones who just took on the look because they think it's cool, but don't actually believe in anything.

All of the above is true because my brother-in-law, who is a proud hipster, told me so :)

I once farted in a room full of hipsters and watched them fight over who heard it first.

Hahahaha that is very funny skyfall. I love this thread

Let's not confuse hippies with hipsters. 2 very different beasts. My roommate last year was a hippie. Wore hemp, worked for the Wilderness Society, vegetarian, into open relationships, not tech savvy and really did nothing to be cool to anyone else.

Everything a hipster does is not for themselves but rather to gather praise for being original. I love laugh at how they congregate in masses so they can all be different together at the same time.

memes_hipster_dr_jones-s476x500-144226.jpg

tumblr_m5a3v835Bt1qal34oo1_500.jpg

original.jpeg?1328057959

hipster-dogs-favorite-frequency.jpg

tumblr_lxgc2xrhh01r7zct3o1_400.jpg

I thought that was the 'baby boomers"???

Baby boomers, born after WWII - makes them around 18-22 when the 60's really got going.

I'd have to say the hippies were pretty much a large part of the Boomer generation and vice versa........

...and my son's a hippie hipster thinking.gif

post-8371-0-59113700-1377308244_thumb.jp

+10!!! My hippie hipster son discovered them recently and was like 'Wow!'

I guess it's also cool for something to be cool again after it was no longer cool ::punk rock::

One of my favorite things about living in Australia was the absolute lack of hipsters, and yes, I spent a few days in Melbourne. Now I'm in San Francisco...I really miss Australia.

The only good news is that burning man starts next week so the hipsters will be away and I can have some peace.