Damn Hipsters

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hipsterism started in silver lake and brooklyn, it just spread later to places like canada, portland, melbourne etc.

Think Portland has had hipsters for years before silverlake. It is terrible here I think second only to Williamsburg, NY.....Well at least in north America. Portland is the hipster capitol of the west coast. But we do have great coffee and great cured meats on the bright side.

Think Portland has had hipsters for years before silverlake. It is terrible here I think second only to Williamsburg, NY.....Well at least in north America. Portland is the hipster capitol of the west coast. But we do have great coffee and great cured meats on the bright side.

BAAHAHAHA! "We had hipster before hipsters were cool"

I am a freelance advertising creative writer who lives and works in Melbourne. So I have to go under cover as a hipster to be considered cool enough to get work. I live in St Kilda and have a man bag and a scarf but refuse to get a beard. Too itchy and the flecks of grey would be a give away to my age. It's quite interesting studying their ways, language etc. That way I can use their lack of ability in key areas against them for my own gain. I've found in my industry it was the explosion of online communication like this very forum, blogs, facebook that has worked to create the hipster breed. Unfortunately, sometimes I feel like Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now...oh no, I've gone native but a few beers and BBQ with mates usually smacks me back to reality....YOLO...Tots Cray-Cray...wtv

The capital of hipsterism is the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn.

Williamsburg is too cool now and filled with poser hipsters. The real hipsters are moving to Harlem.

Just follow the trail of douchbags wearing porkpie hats and nonfunctional Urkel glasses. They will be moving all there ironic tees and mustache wax in guitar cases.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 4

• 2 weeks later...

nah they're just early adopters in pd

i like how the undercover dude said man bag as if women say lady bags LOL