Damn Hipsters

You may be a Hipster, but you'll never be a Hipster spinning thread in a BMW Service waiting Room.

LcpRBZC.jpg

Hipsters, meet your King....

q3FUtEO.jpg

And your Prince....

QC1SNuN.jpg

haha wow

r3ywTaF.jpg

Seriously??

EibGkp0.jpg

Civil War Era Photo with color added OR Hipster Band???

983575_10151416831836408_1622138603_n.jpg

I want to catch one in the wild, my trap is set!

65cf3aaabd43c189448eb9e89706df4c3db7c4.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am truly staggered hipsters haven't invaded the cigar world. Is there some missing irony ripe for exploitation? Or did I just speak to soon?

I have to ask, what is a hipster?

A hipster is somebody who supposedly hates mainstream culture, listens to indie music, wears ironic t-shirts or flannel and skinny jeans, is into retro/vintage things (typewriters, bicycles, polaroid cameras, etc), often sports tattoos, all in a effort to be cool. Sometimes confused with geeks, though they are actually a bunch of posers! lol3.gif

All this effort to be cool, avoid the "mainstream" culture, and join the indie scene has caused the hipster culture to become mainstream!! tongue.png

Hilarious thread!!! And it hits close to home...

As our other New York City members can attest, we have been overrun and it's getting ridiculous... The ozark hillbilly beards and the tight jeans and tattoos make me want to punch people....

At least in the 60's with hippies, they were "protesting" society and a lot of them went on to have successful careers and give back to society... I foresee many hipsters having a lot of failed folk bands and etsy businesses before eventually self imploding from their own irony...

I challenge any city in the world to have a higher per capita hipster rate than Melbourne. I would immediately start handing out how-to-vote cards for any party running an anti "fixie" bike platform.

How do you look at your niece's tattoos she just came home with on her trip from California? A a giant dancing bear on her thigh and a horse in a good luck horseshoe on her forearm. So hip but so wrong...

I challenge any city in the world to have a higher per capita hipster rate than Melbourne. I would immediately start handing out how-to-vote cards for any party running an anti "fixie" bike platform.

Melbourne meet Portland, Oregon . . .

Two hipsters walk into a bar the first one did it before it was cool and the second one did it ironically

If there is hope.. it lies in the hipsters..

If I'm reading you correctly, I agree.

Within the hipster community, there's a very useful and beneficial sect. Ruling out the poser hipsters and the dead-head hippie ones, are the ones who are bringing back all the old professions and trades. In my neck of the woods, all of the old school butcher shops, barbers, organic farmers, cobblers, etc. are being opened by these guys. All of these skills would go the way of the dinosaur if it wasn't for them.