Raphael Gonzalez Perlas- Any thoughts?

Just ordered my first box, based on what I've heard I am anxious to try!

Didn't like them fresh, still don't like them with a year on them. I am a huge fan of the discontinued RG Panetelas and other RG but these are a miss for me.

Can be a bit harsh at first but usually settle quickly. Very spicy, sweet marzipan nuttiness. Very enjoyable when I'm in the mood, but can be overpowering when I'm not.

Overall I like 'em, but need to choose the right time.

Had a couple when they just came out in Spain. Totally different to the usually RG range. Little spicy, pushy bugger & a honestly cuban smoke. A good blast for the buck.

Tried them a year later - they do get better, but I found a bit one dimensional, well that's MHO.

For a C&C I will always go with PL Panetelas or PL Montecarlos or ERDM Demitasse, found more pleasure in them.

I disagree. Have you ever had the Très Petit Lonsdale (disc. in 2002)? Its memories came to my mind from the 3rd puff of the perla…

My 2001 box of TPL must be one of the worst boxes I have ever owned - rarely had something so bitter in my mouth :o

Had a few of these , they were about 1 year old and they were just great I was really suprised about that. Now I have 3 boxes of RG ( 1 discontinued, 2 regular prod.) it's a great discovery for me.I went true a box of RG PC in 3 monts, I have never done that with any other cigar.

• 2 months later...