Revealing Cigar Number 2 in the 2013 FOH Blind Tasting.

I appreciate everyone getting their selections in spotlight.gif

Looking at the reviews and the comments sent to me, this cigar very much polarized opinion...in most cases you either loved it or hated it. Excluding the couple of cases of poor construction, such is the case with most cigar tastings.

I must say I was impressed with the number of correct selections. I am even more impressed with those who nailed the first cigar....R&J Churchill and then this one clap.gif

Unveiling the Juan Lopez Seleccion Number 2 LTB DIC 12

post-4-0-50557100-1376002266_thumb.png

rotfl.gifrotfl.gifrotfl.gif

I love that 2 people thought you would send out a Monte Master!!!! Do you even keep those in stock???

Wow. Grats to all those who picked it.

The JL1 is the only JL I've smoked and the blind cigar smoked nothing like the JL1.

Maybe I will have to invest in a box of JL2s as confirmation haha.

That's crazy. I smoked one of my JL 2s the very next night and I never would've thought it was the same cigar. Good old Cuban cigar bell curve. Congrats to those that got it

Isn't that crazy that u can smoke the same cigar a night apart and they taste totally different. Ive smoked about 5 from the sane code and reading through the reviews I picked up nuances that alot of the reviewers did some nailed it. I know I've really enjoyed the 5 I've had so far

Can't tell you how glad I am I got it right as I had a young sample as well but tasted so much potential and am definitely investing in their futures.... It was a tough round 2 with the remaining three rounds really being quite a challenge..... I may have smoked them all already....

Thanks for making it happen, Czar, and congrats to those who got this one right.....

Question,

Where do these blond tasting cigars come from and how do you get involved in the tasting?

Or is it too late.

Sounds like a fun challenge.

Question,

Where do these blond tasting cigars come from and how do you get involved in the tasting?

Or is it too late.

Sounds like a fun challenge.

Unfortunately it is a bit too late to get in on the action.

They are held every year or so though.

Original 2013 thread is here: http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114489

I'm squarely in the 'lover' category, the stick was defintely 'on' for me. Cheers Prez

I can't believe I got it wrong. Worse still is that the JLS No. 2 is in my regular rotation. I've never tasted flavors like that in the one's I've smoked before. Would dental work affect your taste buds that badly?

I am so in for this next year. Seems like a ton of fun!

The JL2 is probably my favourite cigar having smoked literally hundreds of them but I detected none of what makes me love them in the first place. This was a very bitter and acidic cigar and I struggled to finish it.

I only picked the Party D4 as it's by far my least favourite robusto and this was one of the least favourite smokes I've ever had.

I was smoking it with one of my mates and he disliked it too....and he normally loves the JL2 as well!!

I'm dumbstruck!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Hey I got one right. Funny thing was I haven't smoked a JL in 2-3 years or more. I just don't like them too much and this one had those usual JL flavors. It had some great flavors too and reminded me of a Boli RC, but in the end the characters I don't like about the JL shined through.

I think I blew this one before I even lit it. In appearance it was a total doppelgänger for any one of a 10 box of BRC I have, so I think I convinced my subconscious before even cutting the cap. This is amazingly difficult.

This cigar was more of a blind guess than the other, And the other was a guess! But I'm having fun and learning so this is great :)

It's really interesting comparing other peoples experiences and seeing what things you share with theirs and what seem entirely alien, Especially with something like this cigar where you seem to either of loved it or hated it. I was in a bizarre middle ground but I didn't enjoy it, I think mostly because I tried so hard too and looked so hard for cherries! :P