FOH 2013 Blind Tasting Competition Registration

Last year’s competition was an absolute cracker! spotlight.gifspotlight.gifspotlight.gif This year's will be better than ever!

For those wishing a review of the process and final results click here FOH 2013 Blind tastng Round three.

Whether novice or experienced in Habanos, the competition provides an excellent opportunity to participate in a learning experience. By reviewing the cigars and reading others reviews we all come away with a better understanding of the process as well as the cigars flavour profile. BLIND TASTING cigars is a hellishly difficult process but it is one of the best ways to learn about Habanos (I learned a great deal from many of the reviews)...and have some fun at the same time!!!!

The Rules

All registrations to be in by April the 28th : Registrations on this thread and contact Diana immediately with your Forum handle + full name and associated details if she does not have them on file.

There will be Five cigars picked by myself this year. These are Standard Production Cigars (No Regional, Edicion Limitada or Specialty Cigars).

1. Cigars (all 5 and bandless) sent by May 9th. I will select cigars from same code and aroma/wrapper appearance as best I can.

2. Cigars selected will each be of a different Vitola.

3. Cigars selected will be in current production.

They will be the only hints given but I will notify you of the order in which the cigars are to be smoked.

The post smoking process

1. First cigar smoked by July 1st with you e-mailing your answer. I will have a dedicated thread for 2013 FOH BLIND TASTING Cigar 1 pinned to the forum from the 31st of June. You are invited to provide a brief review but not disclose the cigar on the forum. You will E-mail me your selection. By 3rd of April. I will post up a spreadsheet of the results and the answer.

Now you need to provide me by e-mail your selection of the following months cigar. I need the selection e-mailed to me by the last day of the following month. You can however smoke some or all of the cigars earlier and notify me of your selections that I will record. However I will only post the results for the selected cigar that month as a continuum. Also, you will only be able to post a review of say “Cigar 2” in that month.

To the winner (who can correctly select most cigars sent) $500 USD/AUD cigar credit . In the event of a tie, prize is split.

Entry Cost $75 USD $99 AUD (cigars and freight).

Please e-mail Diana now with your full name and details to register. Actually…hang on.

*** All registrations this week receive a 15% discount on any box of cigars they order. When ordering a box, you not only receive 15% off your box order + also your Blind tasting registration fee. Let Diana know when you e-mail her of what you seek. My recommendations based on quality are below.

*** All Registrations this week go into the draw for the magnificent ORIS Artelier Date below. All box orders receive an additional 5 tickets per box. This magnificent Swiss mechanical Watch is valued at $1500 AUD.

Enjoy!

El Pres

My Recommendations:

Diplomatico Number 2, Montecristo Number 2 (superb HQ), El Rey Del Mundo Aniversario (Superb), Partagas D 4, Cohiba Siglo III, Cohiba Robusto, Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure Number 2, R&J Wide Churchill, Hoyo De Monterrey Short Hoyo Piramide, Montecristo Number 4, Montecristo Number 5, Bolivar Royal Corona, Bolivar Belicoso Fino, Bolivar Short Bolivar, San Cristobal Fuerza, la Punta, Partagas Short (25’s), Trini “T’s, Fundadores, Behike 52, Behike 54, SLR Regios, SLR Pacifico, PL Belicoso Extra, Juan Lopez Seleccion Number 4, Juan Lopez Seleccion Number 1, Hoyo De Monterrey Petit Robusto.

post-4-0-97862200-1366595541_thumb.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In for sure.

But I'm curious about your promo thing up there, Rob....

So, it's $75 to get in. But, if we buy a box this week, any box, we get 15% off the cost of that box order, PLUS our $75 entry fee free? What if it's only a $170 box of cigars??

This has me very intrigued....and also happy that I've continued to choose the spot to be at!!! :thumbsup:

I missed out on a Sir Winston last time? Are you bloody kidding me?! I still feel i know very little about cigars and tasting profiles, So I'm in for the learning experience!

It reads to me that you get 15% off any box ordered at time of registration and 15% off the reg fee.

Correct clap.gif ...but you need to choose your box/boxes at the time of registration to get the 15% off the registration fee. Otherwise it will be a nightmare for Di ......and I will never hear the end of it surprised.gif

Correct clap.gif ...but you need to choose your box/boxes at the time of registration to get the 15% off the registration fee. Otherwise it will be a nightmare for Di ......and I will never hear the end of it surprised.gif

Crap, I screwed it up then. I ordered a box, then my registration and didn't mention the discount in either email. Should I send Di another email, or will that just drive her nuts?