Anybody smoking Monte Especial's or Monte #1"s?

I need more Montecristo AND long and skinny presence in my humidor and have been kicking around the idea of a box of either one. Any input?

both are excellent choices. If I only had to pick one, it would be a monte especial no 1. You could always get a box of 25 especials and a 10 count of monte 1s....

This is a very sound recommendation.

Frankly these are the best cigars in the Monte line (MHO) and some of the best cigars still sold by the Cubans. Can't go wrong with ether, email Rob and ask him what his preference is on current stock.

I am still smoking '99's so I am not much help on current stock. Cheers. -Piggy

Thanks guys. Great input. Especial's it will be! Now if only the old fella has some older boxes kicking around...

Two words: Buy em!! Either one is great but I prefer the 1 to the 2. The Esp #1 just seems to smoke and taste better IMO. I am still working a box of 01s that are rocking my world. I have tried a recent #2 and #1 and both were stellar smokes consider how fresh they were. So you really can't go wrong here.

I have a box of Esp. #2s from May 09. Last nite this stick, almost 4 years old and wow what power, aroma, and flavors!!. Chocolate spice to start with some beginings of cream and the real monte twang. It will need time to come together, at least my box. Someone thought I lit up a bong yelling " What the hell are you smoking down there". They had an aroma of hemp. These have legs to go a looooong way.

Especials were so enjoyable they're the only cigar I have two boxes of, both 25's. Certainly get my vote.

I am referring to the Especial, not the Especial No.2. The Monte No.1 that I was asking about is the Montecristo No.1, not Especial No.1 (as I believe the Especial's are named "Especial" and "Especial No.2"). So, as you had mentioned, the Especial No.2 is a shorter cigar with the same RG compared to the Especial No.1. It sounds like they are all spectacular cigars, though. Man...I've never seen the word "Especial" repeated so many times in a paragraph. That has to be some kind of record...a very especial record.