Worst Christmas/Birthday Gift you were ever given.

We all have a few lol3.gif

A couple that I will never forget:

Pair of Kittens for Christmas 1970. We then found out i was alergic to cats. Was in hospital 1/2 hour later looking at a tracheotomy.

I have to admit though that the fluoro pink Peugot 10 speed racing bike came in a close second. Dad did get a good prce on it however.... and he was going to paint the frame before I got it......just never got around to it rolleyes.gif

Finding out my then wife was involved with another bloke did not seem like a great gift on my birthday 20 years ago but it turned out to be a pretty good present after all. I got the house, the car and early parole from Harpyville! Then I married a great partner who has never said "Don't you think you've had enough?"

Mine was a repeating gift. Every year my mom would give me bottle of Stetson cologne, same thing everytime. I don't think I would wish that smell on my worst enemy. I figure she thought I loved it because she never found it at my place. It wasn't found not because I was wearing it like a cheap pimp, but because it found it's way into the circular file days after it arrived. I never had the heart to tell her that I couldn't stand the smell of that skunk water. Years later I found out she was doing the same to my younger brother...we still get a good laugh at that story.

not long since the old dear gave me cash, saying, well i would have given you more but i had to give your sister some for the shopping.

still, last year she completely forgot.

year before that, she gave me the full set of 'a river somewhere' which is a fantatstic gift except for the fact that the year before that, she gave me a full set of ....

'a river somewhere'.

and trust me, other members of the family have faired worse. we are dysfunctional.

not long since the old dear gave me cash, saying, well i would have given you more but i had to give your sister some for the shopping.

still, last year she completely forgot.

year before that, she gave me the full set of 'a river somewhere' which is a fantatstic gift except for the fact that the year before that, she gave me a full set of ....

'a river somewhere'.

and trust me, other members of the family have faired worse. we are dysfunctional.

I hear you Ken, I think most family's are dysfunctional ,my parents forgot mine this year ,I think dysfunctional is the new norm LOL

* A Quija board when I was in 7th grade. My folks completely understood and were very supportive when I told them I'd just heard too many blasphemous, sacrilegious things about it to have on hand and felt compelled to through it out.

This is what I got for my Birthday recently from a friend of my wife's

post-5203-0-39226900-1361424515_thumb.jp

post-5203-0-44165400-1361424549_thumb.jp

At least it fits with my hobby

Cheers

A gf once got me the "great" gift of her getting along with my best friend. She thought it would be a great gift rather than a zonk. To top off the intangible nature of the gift and the stupidity of it... the next time I saw the best friend the GF slapped her. So... I'm still not sure what the gift was there. She still stands by it being a legitimate gift.

A washing basket and salad spinner from my ever so thoughtfull housemate Kelly.

I've since been told I use the washing machine far too regularly,....... I have lost some weight though!

Thanks Kel, real subtle like.

A few Christmases ago my brother's mother-in-law gave him a carbon monoxide detector for the house that was out of date. Not sure what she was trying to tell him...

O God where do I start with this. My In-Laws, who are not short of money, give christmas gifts such as old stuff fom their garage. A pocket organiser, that was 30's yeasr old, that was a free gift they got from Readers Digest. One year they gave my wife and I a cleaning kit from K-tel, very old and had the best bits missing.

The thing is I keep telling them not to worry about gifts. The get together with good food and wine is better.

i do remember the year that my dad gave mum running boards for the range rover (which he, and only he, drove). an ouitraged mum asked why.

dad, in stunned amazement that his gift was not met with eternal appreciation and bended knee, explained that she'd been complaining how hard it was to climb into the thing and so this should have been the perfect gift. they were both most put out.

still, a few days earlier, they'd been in a shop when dad pointed to something and declared it to be the most useless, ridiculous wasteful absurd thing he'd ever seen. mum had to rush off to buy an alternative present.

As a kid I wanted anything basketball. Xmass 89 the old girl got me a ring not for basketball but netball and no pole or backboard. To top this off I didn't even have a ball. Still hurts when I think about it.

As a kid I wanted anything basketball. Xmass 89 the old girl got me a ring not for basketball but netball and no pole or backboard. To top this off I didn't even have a ball. Still hurts when I think about it.

I feel for you, how frustrating.

I like to cook a big Christmas dinner every year for my classmates in college and the Christmas before last we also did a gift exchange. After cooking my ass off for a day I was given this creepy looking angel...... it was a funny gift, but it creeped me the f out!

post-6983-0-79190000-1361437682_thumb.jp

My mother-in-law gave me a Venturi for Christmas a couple of years ago. You know the thing you pour your wine thru and it aerates it. Anyway, it's a nice gift. I take it out of the box and it has a winery logo on it and it has a small crack in it. I have a flash back to a wine party she held two years before where her neighbor brought a Venturi as a gift. I remember my mother-in-law opening it and exclaiming how she loves the winery it was bought from. During the wine party she proceeds to drop the Venturi and crack it . . .

How about wedding gifts.Still waiting for the one my parents promised 47yrs ago.On the negative side my wife and I never found out what it could have been and on the positive side we never had to say Thank you so much.And yes, my parents are still alive and well.

My mother gave me the book Maureen Macormick (Marsha from the Brady Bunch) wrote for Xmas. I thought it was a stupid gift for a 43 year old man and started to laugh.Hard. She was affended and got made at me on Xmas eve. The book was actually pretty good.