Worst Christmas/Birthday Gift you were ever given.

3 christmases ago...my youngest son faced down death(and 5 surgery's in 8 days)...want to know what can make a grown man cry???try standing at the bedside of one of your babies as they slip away and go on life support. he won the battle...so also the greatest christmas ever.

derrek

3 christmases ago...my youngest son faced down death(and 5 surgery's in 8 days)...want to know what can make a grown man cry???try standing at the bedside of one of your babies as they slip away and go on life support. he won the battle...so also the greatest christmas ever.

derrek

This story made me tear up. Thank you for sharing.

I'm going to send you my re-gifted and crack Venturi :) In all seriousness, the next cigar I smoke I will pour a nice dram of single malt to go with it and toast your little one. Cheers!

My parents wanted me to be a businessman so bad they bought me one of the first electronic organisers at the the age of 7. At the age of 10 they gave me a Montblanc pen. I also had a briefcase and a financial calculator that same year, my dad saying with pride that he got his Finance Director to go out and get that calculator in case it was discontinued by the time I started working.

When they did not get me business presents, they got me a junior Tag Heuer... in pink! I was so shocked I had to ask them why out of all the colours they could have chosen, they went with pink. They replied that it looked fresh and funky. They also got me a snowboard jacket in pink and turquoise in an Aztec pattern and thought I would be the coolest kid on the slope. I did not want to be the coolest kid but I certainly was the most idiotically dressed.

The best present though was a pair of cufflinks from my dad that I had given him at Xmas. It was still in the same wrapping paper just stuck back together again.

Friend was supposed to go to Cuba and pick me up some siglos, changed his travel plans last minute and went to the Dominican instead. Came back with 2 boxes of red dots, "same thing right Steve"...sigh

Friend was supposed to go to Cuba and pick me up some siglos, changed his travel plans last minute and went to the Dominican instead. Came back with 2 boxes of red dots, "same thing right Steve"...sigh

loser.gifrotfl.gif Now that sucks! What did you do in that case? Did you pay him for the "red dots"?

I have one. Although Valentines day is a crock I play along and so last year put some thought into a gift for the wife, purchased and wrapped it and gave it to her on the day with a nice card. Its funny I cannot remember what it was other than it was something she had wanted and was moderately priced, not a cheapy.

In return she scratched around in a drawer and pulled out these slipper/sock things. There you go she says handing them over just like in the photo. I could not think of what to say. They are about half my foot size and so I am completely mystified by them.

This year I got her a digital camera. She got me an electric shaver from Aldi which nearly ripped my face off. She took it back and kept the refund and that is the last I heard of it. lol. kind of weird...

post-4065-0-73080200-1361945707_thumb.jp