LGC

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DOVE!!!!!!!!

Not much cooking involved, just some DIY oysters. Paired with a Weißburgunder and a ERDM Demi Tasse. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made some pastrami style brisket over the weekend

My favourite meal: anything done 'normandie' style. In other words, cook it in cider and apples, with a splash of calvados, then add cream once it's done. Tonight, chicken, last time the budget version with sausages.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

post-9798-13708236639414.jpg

Great ribeye with garlic bread and mash potatoes. Along with an outstanding 2003 Chateau Lagrange and after dinner a double espresso and them a Remy XO and my last BPC (need to find a cab)

• Like 1

Damn, Gary, that looks GOOOOOOOD!!!! :drool:

I haven't had a good grilled steak yet this year (due to being away from home). I can't wait to get home this summer, and BBQ me up some mean treats!!!!

The wait will make it that much better.

fresh wild caught sockeye salmon tonight and dry aged (brazo's recipe) tenderloin tomorrow night

Fish

• Like 1

479910_620044364907_1110882469_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

Cooked a nice meal for guests last night, but too lazy to take pics...

Prepared some nice mushrooms stuffed with caramelized onions and topped with gruyere cheese.... panazanella salad with various roasted vegetables.... lamb bolognese that I cooked in the pressure cooker and finished on the stove top.... and panna cotta with non-processed Greek honey and fresh berries... along with a couple Old Fashioned cocktails and several bottles of Montepulciano and Shiraz.

Also smoked my first H Upmann Half Corona (so so) and 2002 LGC Med d'Or #2 (decent).

Just found this thread....

I seem to remember a very similar menu just a few months back - was quite an enjoyable evening and very good all around!!

Thanks Brandon!

Grilled red snapper Veracruz, refried black beans and corn, nice Vouvray to accompany...

fish

I was wondering anybody knows a good recipe for a lamb doner (UK) or gyroz (OZ) kebab? Malaysia lacks anything remotely resembling a proper kebab. We've got some imitation kebab that's drenched in ketchup and chilli sauce even without the sauces it doesn't taste the same. I think i have to DIY my own kebab to get a decent one.

Grilled red snapper Veracruz, refried black beans and corn, nice Vouvray to accompany...

I love that dish, looks excellent!

I was wondering anybody knows a good recipe for a lamb doner (UK) or gyroz (OZ) kebab? Malaysia lacks anything remotely resembling a proper kebab. We've got some imitation kebab that's drenched in ketchup and chilli sauce even without the sauces it doesn't taste the same. I think i have to DIY my own kebab to get a decent one.

I haven't attempted this (yet!) but it looks like a fun process:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/gallery/2012/feb/08/how-to-make-a-doner-kebab#/?picture=385573540&index=0