So the half coronas

Looking around at the general stock levels of the new Upmann half coronas it seems fairly safe to say that these have been a rip-roaring success.

I haven't tried them yet but have a 5 pack tin on the way, to be honest I'm quite open to the idea, I would rather have half of a corona than a laguito #3 / joyitas style cigar purely as in the Winter my dog walks are going to be short and fast and thin ring gauges overheat due to the speed of walking etc

Anyway, I'm guessing that HSA will be looking at the empty shelves where the Upmann half coronas should be and will be thinking about expanding the vitola, maybe even deleting some cigars so they new ones could replace them?

RyJ short corona

Ramon Allones short corona

Diplomaticos short corona

Anyone interested in the expansion of the vitola?

If it happens my cigar season may no longer last from April -> July in future years!

I think most of us in the northern hemisphere are looking at these as a serious option for the winter, even the humble partagas short is too long for me in this weather!

I would like to see the vitola expanded, maybe something from hoyo or bolivar, i think we are barking up thr wrong tree if we think HSA will give RA anything more.

I recently had the pleasure of experiencing the H Upmann half corona whislt playing a round of golf...throughly enjoyable and have to agree that it works when time is short.... the only thing that niggles is the value for $ proposition and the fact that it is not much longer than a ciggie (although it lasts considerably longer).....

I love the half coronas in boxes but the tins fell very short in terms of quality and flavor that I have found so far. 2 tins down and they are decent, but nowhere near as good as the ones in the full box- sadly...I would love to see the same size from RA and Dip.

The vitola has grown on me. I still think they are priced too high compared to Perlas/Minutos but can't blame HSA for trying to make money on a hot item.

Would love to see a RA Half Corona or Perla but with the RASCC being around, I think there would be too much overlap. Since they discontinued the Dip 5 not that long ago, I think the chances are essentially NIL that they would resurrect a similar format.

Siglo i anybody?

Yep right here. Got a box recently after my brother suggested them to me. Favourite smoke so far. (Admittedly I am still fresh to the scene and haven't tried all that many different cigars)

The vitola has grown on me. I still think they are priced too high compared to Perlas/Minutos but can't blame HSA for trying to make money on a hot item.

In Europe the half corona is much cheaper than ANY minutos or perla (between 1€ and 1.50€ less).

In France shops are cleaned out as soon as stocks are replenished. Quality of the tobacco/blend is the cause of this success as much as the size.

In Europe the half corona is much cheaper than ANY minutos or perla (between 1€ and 1.50€ less).

In France shops are cleaned out as soon as stocks are replenished. Quality of the tobacco/blend is the cause of this success as much as the size.

It's different for online stores, including our host ;)

HU Half Coronas are wonderful little cigars! Well done HSA. (I don't say this too often)

I would like to see a re-release of Partagas Half-A-Coronas.

My tins arrived today, the julietas and the half coronas, straight away the half coronas look a lot more appetising, super oily wrappers and great aroma. The julietas look like a happy medium between the cuban minis and a tres petit corona so will be interesting to see how they stack up as they are essentially competing for the same humidor space for me.

Love this cigar. Gone through 3 boxes already from different batches. Very consistent and real easy to smoke if you got about half an hour.

Can we please have more of these??? Maybe a return of the RA Half Corona, Partagas Half Corona (or Half a Corona) and if God willing, a Regional La Corona Half Corona in a CAB of 50. Ah well, only in my dreamzzzzz.......

• 3 weeks later...

I basically forgot all about these when down in Havana a couple of weeks ago. But, it was somewhat intentional....I was able to pick up Partagas Culebras (full box of 9, 3 separate coffins) for only 4 CUC's more than a little 5-tin of these Half Coronas was going for.

While I love the design and look of these tins, and I do want to try these, there were just too many other sweet deals to be had.

Just managed or Monte 2 on a long dog walk along with Laphroaig QC is a hipflask. Happy if cold days:)

I also think the HC is an ideal size for dog walking as I too find that PCs get too hot when out with the 4 legged friend.

I'm sure you wiIl like the half corona and good suggestions re extending the size to other marcas.

Just managed or Monte 2 on a long dog walk along with Laphroaig QC is a hipflask. Happy if cold days:)

I also think the HC is an ideal size for dog walking as I too find that PCs get too hot when out with the 4 legged friend.

I'm sure you wiIl like the half corona and good suggestions re extending the size to other marcas.

Good on you.

I might bundle up tomorrow for a bolivar coronas junior.

I have to say though this weather isnt gettin any better here. And its actually worse for you guys across the water from me.