R&J Cazadores - EUS JUN 11

asmith

Thanks for the review gents. This isn't a cigar I've had the pleasure to try myself but in due time I will. It's funny when I started smoking cigars, I thought all Cuban cigars were powerhouses like this. Now I've come to experience some of the most enjoyable Cuban cigars are medium to light. I'm adding this to my purchase list.

Delightful. This is one of my absolute favorite Habanos. I could smoke these every day for a month and still love every one. And not too many cigars can do that for me. Rob mentioned the Mag46 as another classic of a totally different character and I agree. The Cazadores is not cerebral. It's not delicate. It's not particularly complex. And it doesn't really evolve in any meaningful sense. But man, if you're in the mood for a mouthful of meaty, dense, rich, and pure Cuban tobacco, this is the nonpareil and the archetype. If you're eating cheek and tail stew, bone in rib eye, and drinking a porter or dubbel, this is their perfect mate. Buy heavily, I do. :thumbsup:

Wilkey

Ken, it is unfortunate you didn't like these. I think you and I have pretty similar tastes, and hate to think you could dismiss these. Cazzies are wet packed (foil vacuumed) , so they take 1.5x-2x as much time to age as non-wet packed cigars. However, it does preserve the intense aroma and oils.

These need a long time. Young, it is exactly as you say, a bit harsh, not acrid - perhaps bright (the ammonia is for sure there as you picked up). Give this (at least the older ones that I've acquired) 8 yrs, and they become something beautiful - real RyJ. Smoke another one fresh, do the gas test, and you will see, that this is the real deal.

got a box in LITH last year, made JUN11.

One of my favourites of that year.

As described, no great nuance...perhaps a little fruit coming in and out, but generally just a rich tasty cigar.

Perfect size for me also, as I love the cervantes type size.

Strong enough, but not enough to turn you green.....

Who doesn't like fart gags...?

Cheers for the review.

I agree with mk05. They need some time to age, but that's true with so many cigars. I usually keep 2-3 boxes of these in the humidor and rotate them so that I'm smoking the oldest at any given time. These things are nothing fancy, just straight forward, strong, leathery tobacco. I prefer strong cigars, and these typically fit the bill, plus they're inexpensive. A good daily cigar. My last box (not purchased from the czar) was a dud. Half the box was plugged. Nevertheless, they usually deliver. They will never be on my top 5 favorites list, but I will always have a box on hand.

Great review. Interesting and funny. Ammonia and Veggimite though, not one I will be rushing out to try. I'm with Ken, veggimite = toxic crap. LOL :2thumbs:

These are one of my fav's. First I just love the size, and when I want something full, rich, and pure strong cuban tobacco these are what I reach for. In the last box I had from 09, sadly all gone, I swear in some I got a rich fruitiness almost like a marachino cherry, tasty.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my first ever young Cazzie a coupla days back and gotta agree with Rob, good rich solid flavours, nothing complex, just downright serious flavour, some bitterness as was mentioned but in a good way I reckon, we're burning tobacco here, it's gonna happen, a really satisfying smoke with deep Cuban tobacco flavour and smell. Loved it.

Won't be another box in the buying, but only cos I'll wait to finish these, then get some more fresh ones!

• 1 year later...

Smoking a JUN 11 right now and it is as Rob describes, Rich, leather, toasty and pure full bodied cuban tobacco straight through. Love these cigars!!