Questions For HSA

I have a telephone hook-up with HSA next Tuesday. General quarterly catchup with insiders.

If there are any questions you would lke me to ask on your behalf, post them on this thread and I will endeavour to do so. Keep in mind they will avaoid any "commercial in confidence" questions.

I will post the answers late next week.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for doing this El Pres.

Here are a few questions:

It seems like you have gone to a once every 3 year production cycle with certain cigars (like the Medaille d'Or no. 2 and the Por Larranaga Panetelas). Is this something you are planning on doing into the future instead of deletions or will this be done in addition to your regular yearly deletions? Also, is there some sort of mechanism in place to produce these cigars more often if your production runs sell out quickly? Finally, is there any chance of previously deleted cigars being brought back under this type of production schedule?

When do you expect the Rafael Gonzalez Perlas to be widely available?

YES!!! Will they P-L-E-E-A-A-S-E bring back lonsdale & regular corona size Por Larranagas and 898 Ramon Allones!!!??? Thank you, El Pres! :2thumbs::2thumbs:

I came across a box of Cohiba Sublimes at a highly reputable cigar merchant in Europe,it had the letters and the year 2004,but also it had the following :Revisido 2007 is this Legetimate Box.

Thank You.

...It seems like you have gone to a once every 3 year production cycle with certain cigars (like the Medaille d'Or no. 2 and the Por Larranaga Panetelas). Is this something you are planning on doing into the future instead of deletions or will this be done in addition to your regular yearly deletions? Also, is there some sort of mechanism in place to produce these cigars more often if your production runs sell out quickly? Finally, is there any chance of previously deleted cigars being brought back under this type of production schedule?...

This is the king of questions! :clap:

...Does the genious who signed off on cutting Partagas SDC still have a job?...

I like this one! :lol:

I would like to know what would happen if new markets are opened to Cuban production. Is the Cuban production enough big to keep on providing the whole catalogue to all past and future importers ?

Hi Rob,

thanks for doing this. I have a couple questions that are burning under my nails:

I don't know why everybody thinks that the Trinidad brand will be discontinued. From what I heard from the German distributor there will be two new robusto-like sizes coming out in the next two years. Can HSA already comment on the sizes please? And will there be any Tubo version down the line?

It was already posted on FOH but could HSA give a little more inside to this question: Will there be a new marca to honor Hector Luis Diaz? And what is the timetable?

In an interview for CigarClan HSA Co-President Maique mentioned that discontinued does not mean forever gone. He mentioned that inside HSA discontinued means putting a format to sleep for various reasons. Now, what are the criterias to get a cigar from that list? Is it just demand? If so what would be the minimum amount of cigars?

I already asked this question to you, so a friendly reminder:-): Can HSA comment on the 2012 regional editions please? Who gets what?

Does HSA see new trends developing? Is the short and thick format still popular or do they see a trend towards leaner formats again?

How is production going? Will they be able to meet their targets?

Again thanks alot for doing this and I am looking forward to the replies.

Kindest regards

Lars

Rob,

I don't mind the fact that they are relaunching old brands or vitolas and coming out with EL's & ER's, nor that they have discontiuded some cigars in the middle regular range, My question would be ,Why are they NOT replacing them by other middle range regular productions ?

Example: Ramon Allones-19 regular production cigars compared to only 3 today.

That's my question . :ziplip:

Unless I understood wrong, it's if there are questions not "which cigar(s) would you like HSA to revive back". :thinking:

I DID phrase it as a question!