Questions For HSA

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell with H SA! What do you know about cigars.

Here we go round the mulberry bush... again. Now I am not going to fault anyone for the type of cigar he/she likes, but what if they cancelled your favorite cigar? Still have the same opinion?

I will again argue the concept of "free market" and comparing it to the H SA model. I don't begrudge them for selling what they have for the best price possible, but what they are doing is not forging some gut buster profit model. They appear to be making less cigars and less money every year. Just how many cigars less are they making today as opposed to 5 years ago? How many of their jobs are they sending off the island to other cigar makers because they can't run a capitalist model. How far are you going to get in business promoting party members instead of industry leaders? These guys don't run a capitalist model because they price gouge. A capitalist model works in a competitive environment where consumers get what they want at reasonable prices because of competition... not a monopoly!

How much tobacco supply do they have on shelves these days? The fact is mates, that the ex-pats are changing the landscape of the cigar industry because their tobacco is not as good. Since the Tabacuba crowd (et al) that are actually running H SA have no understanding on how to run a company outside of a monopoly, they are following this ex-pat model, instead of leading the industry. If they don't change their model... from telling you what you will like to selling you what you want, and producing them in logical quantities, they are going to go out of business!

They must come to grips with the fact that they need more people smoking cigars, NOT LESS, YOU DAMN FOOLS (yelling at H SA not you guys). They need more entry level cigars that are good cigars. They have to come to grips with the fact that some people will recognize that their cigars have no correlation between cost and taste and will buy the less expensive cigars instead. This is what seasoned smokers have done for years. This is what they will always do!!! They want to smoke more and better cigars and pay less for them!

Tell me please gentlemen... does this describe you? Do you want to smoke more often? Do you want to get a great cigar every time? Would you like to buy more cigars for less money so that you can share them with friends and smoke more often? Are you really different than me then?

Their model of the cigar as a luxury item does not work financially. This only works when there are some limits, or rarity in the luxury commodity that is being sold. Tobacco is a weed! Get it you guys!!! A weed! Yes it is processed and farmed and harvested... and worth less than a good avocado in a sushi joint!!! There is similar time effort and expense in grass that I feed my horses, processed, bagged and converted to pellets.

Here is a little test for those of you who constantly parrot the company line, "Those cigars did not sell."

Bwana has a box of Partagas Coronas in my locker. You know, the ones that did not sell that you can't buy anymore. Yeah those that you would give a kid on new-year so that he can light his firecrackers with it because no one wants them.

Anyone want to make me an offer on that box? Post it here and we can send it to H SA!!!

This is how you determine what sells or not. Not a bunch of company propaganda! If no one bought them, you could still buy them!!!

Cheers. -Piggy

X2 on this. could not have put it better myself. you are the king ray!! and khomeinist i totally agree with you.

-Matt

• 2 weeks later...