DIVORCE is final !

After a couple of years of being separated, this morning in court my divorce was finalized. This has been a long, stressful time in my life that was necessary for all parties involved. I don't believe in divorce but think there are exceptions to any rules in life. I started smoking cigars in August 2009 and started to build quite a collection that eventually fell by the way side due to lawyer bills. Cigars and my great friends, many of you reading this right now, have helped along the way so I say thanks to you all for your kind words and support. I am in a happier place right now and my future looks bright :)

A gracious member here, Chance Schmerr, found me a custom Hamlet cigar when Hamlet was touring Canada back in Fall of 2009, thanks Chance!. I have been saving it for a special occasion and I think today meets that criteria. It is a Piramides with a shaggy foot that is begging for my attention.

Again thanks for all of the kind words of support the last few years

Bart

ElleFeb2012017.jpg

Hi Bart,

I am sorry for your divorce and hope that now you can finally start your life anew again. I hope you can surround yourself with good friends and family, and only look forward to a new and happy life again.

Thank you and best wishes,

Curtiss

Good luck with the new start.

On a side note, I heard a guy on the radio talking about marriage and said why not just find a woman you don't like and buy her a house. He was of course trying to be funny.

Ryan I didnt realize that you were going through a divorce. Best of luck moving forward, and thats a hell of a cigar to mark the occasion.

Sorry about the divorce- there is always these ups and downs in life but what matters is that you look upward and be true to yourself. Good things can come to an end, but on the same token new good things arise and taking those opportunities is what I've found to be key in my own life. Do, enjoy, believe, and endure what you love.

Just a little collection here of some thoughts- maybe too cliche for some but it's easy (in a situation of loss/big change in one's life) to get lost in a dark mess and forget that light is right around the corner. And it looks like a bright light is sitting there right in your photo you attached :). Have some more great cigars to mark the new you and take advantage of your new freedom maybe.

Best wishes and stay true to yourself!

-Adam