What Lighters

I use the torch lighter to light up my cigars, but vey disappointed with the Colibri they break down quickly,considering their price.Any recommendations. :fuel:

I have a small collection of ST Dupont, Caran D'ache. Dunhill and Cartier... dont have a real preference which to use...Caran D'ace seems to be best mechanical design - never had one break down on me, ST Dupont can also be very resilient, when taken care of - have a few pushing 40+ years... Of course ligting a cigar is much easier with torch type lighter...but hey, someone posted matches here....

I am extremely happy with my Xikar Element and it comes with a lifetime no-hassle warranty. :thumbsup:

The integrated punch in the base is useful as well.

I am extremely happy with my Xikar Element and it comes with a lifetime no-hassle warranty. :thumbsup:

The integrated punch in the base is useful as well.

Xikar Element, excellent lighter, guaranteed for life!! It is my GO TO lighter.

Xicar. Period.

I've done the cheap bit. But, they need to be replaced.

I have two Xicars. One was a gift, the other a purchase... both are... wow... I want to say at least 6 years old. One has never had any problems. The other... a problem that was... lets say... externally introduced by severe trauma to the lighter that would never happen intentionally... send it in... replaced... no questions.

Love them. Probably won't have to buy another one unless I lose it.

I have used a pile of different jet lighters over the years and I hate to admit it but this one is the best I have used, and the cheapest! For a tad over $2.00 and free shipping they really can't be beat. I just finished a Winnipeg group buy on these ordering over 50 units.

http://www.dealextre...ne-lighter-1320

I just picked up a Xikar Crossover on eBay for $30.00. I've had it for a few weeks and have to say it has been very consistent. This is the first lighter that I can say that about. Before that I used all types of cheap lighters that never worked properly.

Best torch I've ever owned is a duPont Extend approx $100 when I bought it 4-5 yrs ago. Still own it and never once had an issue. post-9066-13205081252058.jpg

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=20.631693,-87.070742

Happy with my st dupont as well. A couple years so far without trouble. Just keep butane around as the tank is on the smaller side.

I just picked up a Xikar Crossover on eBay for $30.00. I've had it for a few weeks and have to say it has been very consistent. This is the first lighter that I can say that about. Before that I used all types of cheap lighters that never worked properly.

I have a Crossover as well but I found that the soft flame makes it hard to light a stick when outdoors. Is yours the new one with the stronger flame?