So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

13 minutes ago, Rye said:

So they are ready and approachable?

Absolutely! LBVs usually don't need much shelf time in the bottle due to their longer time in the cask. I got the same bottling here (the latest I think), which is very enjoyable right now (a very deep and fruity stile). But you can also lay them down for a couple of years.

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Fugu said:

Absolutely! LBVs usually don't need much shelf time in the bottle due to their longer time in the cask. I got the same bottling here (the latest I think), which is very enjoyable right now (a very deep and fruity stile). But you can also lay them down for a couple of years.

Enjoy!

Thank you kindly! 

I will enjoy one very soon

• Like 1

Some recent additions:

6bb4e86038926cd04a79aeb4a63bc3e9.jpg
- Another of the Glenfiddich IPA Experiment "Experimental Series 01".
- Another of the Glenfiddich Project XX "Experimental Series 02".
- An old 1L bottle of the Glenfiddich 12 Year Old Caoran Reserve "Peat Ember" that I managed to chance upon.

d4e9625a0997f9ec682fe718edf05b8b.jpg
- Another bottle of the New World Projects Starward Limited Release from PX Cask #3.
- A bottle of the SMWS 30.91, an 18 year old Glenrothes that was matured in a refill sherry gorda.
- Another bottle of the Glendronach 18 Year Old Allardice.
- A pot-still shaped miniature of the Kavalan Brandy Oak.

b54f570515b9d540ed088d40e9f9e448.jpg
Finally bit the bullet and bought a crystal Glencairn glass. Also got some Glenfiddich branded mini whisky nosing glasses.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sengjc said:

Nearly forgot about this one.

30f4c83e8ed5711bedf25c71b31f7053.jpg

A private cask bottling of Sullivans Cove whisky.

Did you buy a cask?

what type of cask was it?

On 16 December 2016 at 4:31 AM, tomhsu said:

The best rum... At least for me .... At least for now ...

d321c38065ac64b1d88b741cfec751df.jpg

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Looking to import a few to Aus as I can't find any here but would have to be worth the tax I'd be paying.... 

What are you comparing it to? DRE and zacapa xo left me disappointed, found some good aged Damoisseau's that were fantastic though.

• Like 1

Rum Ratings puts it in top 10 aged, few decent reviews on the stuff. I was looking earlier today online and looks like it may not be available in the U.S. ?

https://www.rumratings.com/brands?action=index&controller=brands&order_by=average_rating&rum_type=Aged

https://www.rumratings.com/brands/806-ron-millonario-xo

Rum Ratings puts it in top 10 aged, few decent reviews on the stuff. I was looking earlier today online and looks like it may not be available in the U.S. ?

https://www.rumratings.com/brands?action=index&controller=brands&order_by=average_rating&rum_type=Aged

https://www.rumratings.com/brands/806-ron-millonario-xo

Millonario was available at KL Wines a few years back for a brief period but then no more. I haven't found even an official importer :(