Do you "retrohale"?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think "Doc" explains it well in this video.

It is like adding wasabi to cigar sushi! I don't always do it but usually several times a cigar at a minumum. It is an acquired taste. -Piggy

Yes, we've had a couple of discussions on the topic. I do it occasionally, but I get little or no benefit. I've always smelled things while inhaling through my nose, not exhaling

*NNNahhh, nope nope, can't do it. Do not have the finesse`, dexterity of breathing, or anything else to end up doing anything else but getting nasal breathing irritation problems.

Yes, we've had a couple of discussions on the topic. I do it occasionally, but I get little or no benefit.

I've always smelled things while inhaling through my nose, not exhaling :yes:

Same for me Colt. I will from time to time inhale thru my nose the tail end of a puff as it exits my mouth for some enhanced flavor.

I blow out my mouth and retrohale the second half of the smoke with every draw. I pick up more flavors in my sinus cavity than taste buds.

That's just me. But then again, I'm the guy who inhales a few times during the course of a cigar (old cigarette habit).

I blow out my mouth and retrohale the second half of the smoke with every draw. I pick up more flavors in my sinus cavity than taste buds.

That's just me. But then again, I'm the guy who inhales a few times during the course of a cigar (old cigarette habit).

I think your right Leaf. For the most part, constant retrohaling may be a "learned" cigarette habit.

Wow. I'm really surprised that so many here don't do this. I can't imagine smoking a cigar without retrohaling. I get so much more flavor when I exhale through my nose. I think I'd miss so many of the nuances of many of cigars if I just kept all the smoke in my mouth.

I do every now and then, and most always in the first third. I find that I can pick out flavors I would otherwise miss. I don't like to do it often to reduce the risk of the smoke causing any ill-effects up there, but every few cigars I'll do a couple of retros if I'm getting great flavor from the stick. No use in doing it with duds.

Yes I do it quite a lot actually. It is part of my tasting of flavors.

I do not take a mouthful of smoke and force it out my nose. :( I sort of split the exhale between my mouth and nose. Using both the palate and nose.

Yep, same here, I find I will retrohale just that last bit slowly to get a flavour boost.

Trying to retrohale the whole puff will just overwhelm me and I'll just taste smoke, but pushing the last remnants of the puff seems to unlock another part of the flavour spectrum.

I do not take a mouthful of smoke and force it out my nose. :( I sort of split the exhale between my mouth and nose. Using both the palate and nose.

Exactly the same for me, I have always done it like that and for me,

the flavours & aromas really come bursting out.

However, there's no definite obligation or smoking rule on this, to each his own.

The importance is to get full pleasure out of your smoking experience. :(

Same thing for me as well. This is the only way I can truly taste the cigar. I also like to French inhale a small amount then blow it back out my nose