Deletions Fightback

As I know earlier nobody so addressed to HSA. The situation demands our general reference. I can tell that I already have published this reference for the russian consumers on the my site and on the few russian-language forums.

I'm assured that if the central office HSA receives thousands letters from the different countries they will be clear that next year so on a substantial scale to reduce a lineup is inexpedient. Quite I suppose possibility that some cigars will leave without changes. Very silly to reduce a lineup at the expense of thin cigars. Such impression that they (HSA) don't smoke their cigars and only count up their profit!

Every year old fashioned cigars irrevocably disappear and pulled out forward muffled new like line Open, Behike in ordinary line etc. HSA becomes similar on McDonald's - three hamburgers: big, average and small. Want another meal go to other restaurant! I won't another cigars beside CC!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am supporting ideas proffered by both Wilkey and Stalebread. The idea is that we are unified in our quest for scaling back the deletions list with the thrust of our arguments being both subjective and hardline economic at the same time. Where I agree with Stalebread is that these letters should be individualist and from the heart, but as Wilkey has stated they should contain the same theme. These letters are not ingredients to a magic spell but represent the building blocks to ramparts and battering rams! The way I see it, each letter must be written to appeal to marketeers, politicians and accountants, certainly not to academics and thinkers. The letters must condemn vehemently the deletions on one hand while giving support to those on our side who would use them in the place of their own voices to support our common cause. Ultimately though, a letter represents a certain number of persons to a pollster. "A" letter is better than the best written letter that is never sent.

By the looks of the list it is apparent that no one in H SA actually smokes cigars! Like politicians who don't perform a days work, the letters must strike the folks who support the list in a language they understand.

Like Chuck, I am working on my comments. -Ray

Also, I think it should also be considered that the country of origin from each letter may be influential. It seems possible to me that HSA is making this decision partially because of what they think the US market wants. The end of the embargo seems to be rapidly approaching and this may be a way for them to focus their efforts toward what they feel the US market (all short and fat smokes) wants. Thoughts??? If others are in agreement with me than it seems very important that many letters need to come from my fellow members from the States. We need to show that we are a part of the US market and in fact we don't want a move toward short and fat smokes.

Already it seems to me that we might be cutting this too fine.

My guess is that won't be exactly how we phrase our letters or if each letter covers every point that will have impact. Rather, the impact will come from HSA receiving letters and e-mails at all. Lot's of 'em. From different countries, different people, different words. All focusing on the same issue. I do think it's important that some portion of our letters go via "real" mail instead of everything going by e-mail.

Let's just get the letters written and sent.

Stale,

I hear what you're saying. I mean that if there is to be a common document, a petition or an "official" letter of some sort, then it merits the work to craft something powerful and effective. Having said that, each and every one of us should feel empowered to send a letter saying anything (within reason) and with all the passion and individuality that comes with it. We're on the same page.

Wilkey

Many thanks, Rob, for getting this ball rolling.

IMO, such a campaign has a real chance of opening some eyes in Havana.

All of the letter templates posted above are excellent.

A lot of virtually identical form letters is not likely to be taken too seriously,

but a barrage of different letters, obviously coming from the heart,

will have tremedous impact.

Each letter does not necessarily have to include every point noted;

it is the collective impact that will count.

Lets each of us focus on those vitolas most dear to us, and approach HSA as distinct individuals.

It would be good to have several high-level individuals within HSA targeted,

that we could write to directly, if possible.

Also, if any of us is sufficiently proficient in Spanish,

please post a translation of some of the key points,

so those of us with partial skills in Spanish might use it as a base for our personal variants.

While emails are great, I believe hard copy mailed letters, from all over the world,

will have a much greater impact.

Above all, we should approach these individuals in HSA as friends,

not as the enemy!

Friends will seriously consider the needs of friends.

Let emotions flow, but without any aggression.

This may or may not succeed,

but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

We should also not lose heart if success is not immediately apparent.

Things can move slowly in Cuba,

so this campaign should be fought as a long-term effort,

and the pressure kept up, for years if necessary.

Like I said said in another post here a while back some of you guys would be in shock with the new cuts !! Their are some great cigars being cut but let's face it they just don't sell big amounts over all..

Small guage are not as popular as 46 to 50 gauge these days as they have just as great flavor as the smaller ring gauge cigars from 08 to present..And again way less plugs means a happier customer and this is a business and they look only at numbers.

Last year was Punch SS1 that's should have never been cut !! but I see very little hope but you never know.. Good Luck Guys in your fight...

I believe in LOTS of good old letters arriving on the tables of HSA with lots of stamps from different counties saying , more or less the same thing,

That, we will be very disappointed if this list goes through and that,as a passionate consumer of cuban cigars I, for one, can not accept that such a rich and unique heritage be thrown out like an old rage just to make place for financial profits.

In the rich history of the great cuban cigar, there has been many changes,many for the better, but,

in the last few years , I have seen changes that are unworthy of such a great product.

I have been smoking Habanos for 39 years and throughout this period I have seen the quality of my

Habanos diminishing in, construction, draw, changes in the original blends of different marcas,

vitolas that have disappeared to make room for cigars that do not meet my expectations.

The deletion of such great cigars like the Partagas serie de Connoisseur No.. 1,2,& 3 and a large list

of others is an example of my dismay.Will I now have to look towards other cigars such as the

non-cubans who are at the moment, making strong progress on the European markets ? Taking

away many thin gauge cigars ,for me, is not the answer, especially while the non-cubans are they

themselves coming out with many thin gauge cigars and getting away from larger gauge cigars.

The continued deletion of cigars that have made the reputation of the Habano cigars and the

replacement of these by uniform tasting limited series and good looking packaging, will not

bring foward the results you are looking for, on the contrary, it will drive the new generation of

cigar smokers to search elsewhere for a more satisfying experience.

Amicalement etc. etc .

Personally, I think any campaign should include reference to the other cigars being cut as well.

While I like the SdC line, a more devastating loss to my own personal enjoyment are the Diplomatico's and the RG CE. I realize I may be in the minority of smokers who are quite fond of the Diplo marca. However, reducing it to only one cigar is the most difficult thing to see on that list to me. At least fans of the SdC line have a myriad of other Partagas to enjoy (even if you are a thin RG fan exclusively, you still have a couple of options). But if you like the Diplo Profile and unique complexities and differences endemic to each cigar in the line, having the entire marca destroyed save the #2 is a incredibly bitter pill to swallow. The same goes for the RG CE.

I would just encourage that this campaign be broadened to include these cigars as well in the same voice as the SdC.

JM2C.

Personally, I think any campaign should include reference to the other cigars being cut as well.

While I like the SdC line, a more devastating loss to my own personal enjoyment are the Diplomatico's and the RG CE. I realize I may be in the minority of smokers who are quite fond of the Diplo marca. However, reducing it to only one cigar is the most difficult thing to see on that list to me. At least fans of the SdC line have a myriad of other Partagas to enjoy (even if you are a thin RG fan exclusively, you still have a couple of options). But if you like the Diplo Profile and unique complexities and differences endemic to each cigar in the line, having the entire marca destroyed save the #2 is a incredibly bitter pill to swallow. The same goes for the RG CE.

I would just encourage that this campaign be broadened to include these cigars as well in the same voice as the SdC.

JM2C.

agreed, but you have to admit that the party sdc 1,2, and 3's flavors cannot be duplicated anywhere else in the line. You have to light up ANOTHER discontinued stick, the Seleccion Privada to find a similar flavor profile. While you still have a myriad of choices in the partagas line you cant duplicate the connie series anywhere. It will certainly be a shame to see the diplo line reduced to just the #2 though.

Each of us have our own favorites on the list TJ, the important aspect is everything here is an "Example", Please write an "Example" for the Diplomaticos which you love. Jimmy, write an example for the cigars you love. Stop complaining because Rob wrote an example for the SdC line that many people love and has a rich Heritage. Tell HSA why you feel the cigars you love should not be included on the list. Give them a reason why, just don't tell them they are making a mistake, (i.e., telling them they have rocks for brains). As Rob said, give them a reason why to take the cigars of your choice off the list. Use passion and come from the heart.

I think the way forward is as follows.

1. An online petition that we can send. This will enable us to alert other forums to sign the petition as well. We will make it broad but to the point. I need someone to investigate online petitions and advise me of the one that will meet our needs (I am away Wed/Thu and will run out of time). I will have the copy finalised by Friday. Lets have a week for signatures. We will send it before Christmas and again when HSA is back in january.

2. Individual hard letters by members + individual e-mails. I will have the e-mail for you by end of week.

This should provide the scale required. Let's hope.

I think the way forward is as follows.

1. An online petition that we can send. This will enable us to alert other forums to sign the petition as well. We will make it broad but to the point. I need someone to investigate online petitions and advise me of the one that will meet our needs (I am away Wed/Thu and will run out of time). I will have the copy finalised by Friday. Lets have a week for signatures. We will send it before Christmas and again when HSA is back in january.

2. Individual hard letters by members + individual e-mails. I will have the e-mail for you by end of week.

This should provide the scale required. Let's hope.

Prez, maybe Go Petition? They look like a legit site. Not sure if they have an option to print.

Also, tried rallying members on another forum... Nothing in 12hrs... Maybe they just dont care because they all love NCs, lol... Idk, but Im glad I found FoH!!

Are there names and addresses for hard copies listed somewhere?

Don't let me hold you back :D

Habanos s.a.

Manuel García Morejón, Javier Terrés, Antonio Pascual , Jorge Luis Fernández Maique

Calle 22 No 115 e/ 1ra y 3ra

Miramar, Ciudad de la Habana

CP 11300

Cuba

Make sure they all have a copy

Each of us have our own favorites on the list TJ, the important aspect is everything here is an "Example", Please write an "Example" for the Diplomaticos which you love. Jimmy, write an example for the cigars you love. Stop complaining because Rob wrote an example for the SdC line that many people love and has a rich Heritage. Tell HSA why you feel the cigars you love should not be included on the list. Give them a reason why, just don't tell them they are making a mistake, (i.e., telling them they have rocks for brains). As Rob said, give them a reason why to take the cigars of your choice off the list. Use passion and come from the heart.

I agree Chuck,

My letter will reflect those concerns.

I just wish more people loved the Diplo's as much as I do! LOL!!

Habanos s.a.

Manuel García Morejón, Javier Terrés, Antonio Pascual , Jorge Luis Fernández Maique

Calle 22 No 115 e/ 1ra y 3ra

Miramar, Ciudad de la Habana

CP 11300

Cuba

Would someone clarify for me...are Americans allowed to send mail to Cuba? I apologize for my ignorance in the matter.

Wilkey

My go at a letter for what its worth:

Dear Sirs,

Since I had the pleasure of paying a visit to Cuba over 10 years ago I have developed a passionate interest in Cuba, its people, its culture and in particular the unique artifact which is the Cuban made cigar.

I have smoked many – exclusively Cuban - brands and vitolas over the years and one of the greatest pleasures in my life is the time shared with friends over a good cigar.

I wish to express my concern at the proposed deletion of certain vitolas in 2010. While all the cigars on the proposed list have their unique aspects and followers I am particularly disappointed at the potential loss of the Partagas Serie DeConnoisseur and La Gloria Cubana Medaille D'Or lines. I have smoked examples of both lines over the years and believe that these thin gauge examples represent a niche product in terms of size and flavour profile which will be difficult if not impossible to replace with a satisfactory substitute.

These cigars are a very important part of the overall history and unique culture of Cuban cigars. I understand the need for development and change within the range of products offered by Habanos S.A. and as a commited Habanos fan I very much appreciate the good work carried out by Habanos S.A. and its people worldwide. However I hope that you can find some way to keep these vitolas in production to satisfy the demands of your loyal customers.

Best regards and good wishes,