Deletions Fightback

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deletions list has been confirmed.

We are going to need to work together in reversing this one, not just FOH members but other forums as well.

We are going to have to launch a substantial mail campaign no later than Friday 18th (next week). It will involve e-mail and preferrably a hard copy signed and sent to HSA.

I am going to break this post into two sections and I need your feedback.

Rob! Have you any news? How this working?

Dmitri I know plenty of letters and e-mails have been sent. I suspect many will not be received unti the HSA lads get back after Christmas/early January. I will no doubt here. Keep the letters going!

Good Lord. I've been out of the loop again for a while, and this is the first I'm seeing of this.

While threatening to smoke Non-Habanos has been suggested in the letters thread as a tactic for persuasion, I really do feel as if I'm being pushed in that direction.

I don't need to smoke cigars. I choose to. And while I believe Cuban tobacco to be the finest in the world, there are an increasing number of Non-Cuban cigars in the sizes I prefer, and fewer and fewer Cuban ones.

I'm fairly choosy about where I spend my money, and if HSA isn't supplying the cigars I prefer, and continues to take disrespect for tradition to new depths, I will go elsewhere, or not smoke at all.

I will work on a letter later today.

Hi Tig hope to see you soon !!! its not the size of the cigar that makes a cigar good its the quality of the tobacco that goes into it big or small ring gauge their is no substitute for Cuban tobacco..After all is said and done most will just keep smoking CC after realizing NC well overall suck and smoking the ring size they enjoy still wont make them happy. Its all about the soil !!! :)

I smoked a R&J SC yesterday 07 I can not tell you how great it was I was blown away by the flavors just excellent!! When you have cigars that have flavor like this its easy to pass up the cigars being Deleted as they don't have the consistency on a regular basis .Was never a fan of the Robusto but for me its not the size its the flavor it delivers much more than any other size as of late.

Jimmy,

It would be great to see you soon.

I would like nothing more than to be able to buy cigars in the sizes I love, rolled with the tobacco I love.

I actually do believe that the size of a cigar can affect its balance, intensity of flavors and other characteristics. And 42 rg and lower cigars feel right in my hand somehow.

I'm sure I could get by on RASS, PSD No.4s, The two Upmann Churchills and some other larger ring cigars I enjoy from time to time, but I have a tough time spending money on companies than aren't providing the products and quality that I want to pay for.

I may just be blowing off steam, but this isn't the first instance of some of my favorite cigars getting the axe. Nor is it the second, or even the third. Since 2002, little by little I've watched HSA wipe out puros with grand histories and wonderful smoking characteristics.

Perhaps I'm an anachronism, but it feels more and more like HSA doesn't want the business of customers like myself...

I know I'm late to this thread but...

1. This is the first time I heard the Epi 1 was going to be deleted. :-(

2. How do they choose what to get rid of?

3. When are they going to stop? What if our beloved RASS or BPCs or PSD4s are on the chopping block in the future?

1. This is the first time I heard the Epi 1 was going to be deleted. :-(

My understanding is that only the 50 Cab will be discontinued, and the remaining packaging formats will remain available.

My understanding is that only the 50 Cab will be discontinued, and the remaining packaging formats will remain available.

Correct. P3 and SLB25 still current.

Have a look at http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/3-news.ht...0_Cigar_Program and scroll down to Cigar & Packaging deletions to clarify what going on.

As to why???....who knows?