Deletions Fightback

I think that it's important to note, and strongly protest, that they've essentially destroyed what remained of several important, grand marques: Punch, Diplomaticos, La Gloria Cubanos, as well as others I care less about. How to present this is an way that makes them understand the tragedy of what they're doing to their own history as well as our passion I'm afraid I don't know.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Obama Administration is allowing American citizens to send money and correspondence to family members living in Cuba, so I do not see why a letter can not go through. To my knowledge, letters have never been a part of the embargo.

From the USPS

Cuba

Service is limited to letters in the usual form, Braille letters for the blind, postcards, and printed matter items sent as First-Class Mail International, International Priority Airmail (IPA) or International Surface Air Lift (ISAL) mailings. Priority Mail International parcel service is not available, but the Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Envelope may be mailed. Prior to mailing, customers need to contact the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) in the U.S. Department of the Treasury for general provisions governing U.S. Department of the Treasury sanctions and for comprehensive information about goods and service that may not be imported to or exported from Cuba.

So, Letters in the usual form can be sent via First-Class Mail International without problem according to the USPS. Great news. As we are not sending parcels, there is no need to contact the Treasury Department. All we are sending is a letter.

I was also asked if there are any Fax numbers that might be used? Rob? Jose?

I agree Chuck,

My letter will reflect those concerns.

I just wish more people loved the Diplo's as much as I do! LOL!!

Mate Diplomaticos is actually my favourite brand to be honest. In no other marque do I find a flavour profile comparable and it is absolute shattering to see these being taken off the list. I have no choice other than to send a letter straight from the heart on this matter and pray that they have mercy on atleast one of the Diplo's on the list. Will post the letter once it is drafted.

Also, a big cheers to all who are participating in this and for Rob to get the ball rolling. Noone would expect anything less from such a community as FOH, an absolute flagship group of guys fighting for what they love.

Rob,

For those in the USA who might not want to send mail directly to Cuba, would there be any harm in mailing to

Altadis, SA

Eloy Gonzalo, 10

Madrid, Spain

Telephone: +34 91 360 90 00 Fax: +34 91 360 91 00

Van, this decision was taken in Havana.

Let me see if I can get a Fax number for the right people in Havana.

Van, This is counter productive to this effort, not an address to an individual, nor anyone that could give a rats ass about the cigars on the deletion list.

Why would you even suggest such a thing?

The letters need to be sent to Habanos s.a. in Cuba. If you do not like to use your real name or return address, then don't. It is not like they would know anyhow.

I wonder what the postage would be for a letter sent from the USA?

Cant help you there...

From Sweden the postage to Cuba is a little below 2USD.

Im gonna send them a few, well selected words, regarding the desecration of the Diplomaticos brand... :P

Habanos s.a.

Manuel García Morejón, Javier Terrés, Antonio Pascual , Jorge Luis Fernández Maique

Calle 22 No 115 e/ 1ra y 3ra

Miramar, Ciudad de la Habana

CP 11300

Cuba

Make sure they all have a copy

Rob, Do these men at Habanos s.a. have "Titles" that we should be using when we address them in the letters, and is there a priority of whom to contact 1st, 2nd etc, or should we be sending each of these men the same letter?

Just out of curiosity - what positions (= influence) do these guys hold within Habanos SA?

Senior from VP (Manuel Garcia) to Director of Development etc.

Send the letters to the address supplied with the name. No need for a title. They will receive it.

Van, This is counter productive to this effort, not an address to an individual, nor anyone that could give a rats ass about the cigars on the deletion list.

Why would you even suggest such a thing?

I would think that, as a 50% owner of Habanos s.a., Altadis/Imperial could have significant input on this issue if so motivated. How it would be "counter productive" to inform the Spanish folks of our concerns escapes me.

I would think that, as a 50% owner of Habanos s.a., Altadis/Imperial could have significant input on this issue if so motivated. How it would be "counter productive" to inform the Spanish folks of our concerns escapes me.

Van, Feel free to shoot one away as it can't hurt. Those that made the decision however are Havana based.

Sending a letter is poly-fold.

I want to send letters to those who are both for and against the deletions and I would like to know if there is anyone in our camp if possible. Why? The ones responsible for the deletions can simply toss the letter in the trash! The ones on our side can use the letters in meetings as evidence of his/her position against the deletions. I mean who pays their alimony in cash? You know what I mean?

I don't see Tabacuba as an honestly run company... Sorry! As such I need my letter to go in part to a party who will use what weight it possess in a constructive fashion. If the difference is known it may be better to compose different letters to different people.

My initial draft is still not very nice, but I am working on it!!! -Piggy

Sending a letter is poly-fold.

I want to send letters to those who are both for and against the deletions and I would like to know if there is anyone in our camp if possible. Why? The ones responsible for the deletions can simply toss the letter in the trash! The ones on our side can use the letters in meetings as evidence of his/her position against the deletions. I mean who pays their alimony in cash? You know what I mean?

I don't see Tabacuba as an honestly run company... Sorry! As such I need my letter to go in part to a party who will use what weight it possess in a constructive fashion. If the difference is known it may be better to compose different letters to different people.

My initial draft is still not very nice, but I am working on it!!! -Piggy

We have allies Piggy within. We just cannot post their names here. Let me follow up on this.