• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

6 hours ago, Gamehawker said:

These are my favorite cigar. Was a A/T? I sure am still disappointed why Habanos discontinued them.

BTW I loved the old brown bands on the Monarchs.  I think they changed them in 2005.

These are from a box, not A/T. Only have 4 left. Yes love these older bands

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JohnS said:

1886133334_2019-10-2017_47_34.jpg.0d45d166c85c833c33bbb8921988161e.jpg

Montecristo Maltés BRE Oct 2018

The Maltes is named after one of the main character's aliases in the novel, 'The Count of Monte Cristo' by Alexandre Dumas, the Maltese Sailor, after he is rescued by smugglers. This is the second one I've had, and whilst it was better than the first, that's not saying much as that was so supremely ordinary that this was just on average in comparison.

When these Linea 1935 cigars are 'on', you get a beautiful sweet, milk fine chocolate coated in whiffs of cream and marshmallow. You may also get some almond nut and cedar. This Maltes opened with some citrus twang and almond nut and pretty much stayed that way until the end. There was no real milk chocolate, cream, marshmallow or even biscuit.

Overall, I must say that I'm disappointed with the Linea 1935 releases. Of the three, I've only found the Leyenda consistent, and even then I've had an average one amongst the four or five of those I've smoked, with the others ranging from very good to outstanding. I've also had an excellent and ordinary Dumas and an ordinary and dreadfully bland Maltes.

Perhaps these need a little time to be fair? I would hope so, as thus far they aren't worth the premium price that they retail for, in my opinion.

528953071_2019-10-2018_09_27.jpg.e5a56db415c3f169f69660ce28c3fdd5.jpg

I agree that Leyenda is the best of bunch for Linea 1935! Haven't tried Maltes yet, but I can tell Dumas isn't that great compare to its similar sized peers, Corona Extra and Robustos (prefer JL2, RASS, CORO over Dumas). Also, with the price of Dumas, I can buy a box of other CCs like Connie A!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JayHabanos said:

4eaa1e7d-61e7-48a9-ad54-369e8e6cd465.jpg
Fonseca- No 1

The description says it is Fonseca No. 1, but the pic seems to be Monte No. 1. Good to see old Monte No. 1 (had 4yr old Monte 4 before, and I really like it a lot) though ?!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VKUTT said:

Im with ya. I've had 3 Leyendas. One was "meh" and 2 were good, but not good enough to warrant the price. I still have one in the humi. Gonna leave it for at least 6 month, see whar happens. But I wont be buying more. 

Agree with you! For Linea 1935, I definitely buy Leyenda only, and spend coins for other great CCs! Will get a box of Leyenda for ageing, and see how does it evolves ?.

19 minutes ago, LonesomeHabanoAficionado said:

The description says it is Fonseca No. 1, but the pic seems to be Monte No. 1. Good to see old Monte No. 1 (had 4yr old Monte 4 before, and I really like it a lot) though ?!

haha thanks for catching this.  I did have a Fonseca #1 but must have posted the wrong pic.  Will edit it.

• Like 1