What are you doing for the 4th july weekend?

Hi everyone

I know it is the 4th July long weekend and wondered what you have planned.

Lisa

Well, for me here in France, It means waiting 10 more days before the 14th of July

and then, :unknown: "Vive la France" and BBQing also, LOL

The daughter picked sour cherries, so a cherry pie is on the list and I'll make some vanilla ice cream to go with it. Sweet corn from the Eastern shore is just coming in and I kind of like the rib suggestion. :unknown:

Friday eve: Red Sox v. Seattle Mariners tix w/ my son at Fenway

Saturday: BBQ at friend's house for combo 3-yr. old birthday and July 4 celebration, probably chicken, burgers, and Hebrew National hot dogs (they are kosher... I like pork ribs too :unknown: ). Town fireworks across the street after dark at the school.

Sunday: start family beach vacation in southern Maine... hopefully this endless rain pattern stops soon.

Oh yeah, they'll be a few cigars in there along the way.

Rick

Oguquit-34.jpg

Cove.jpg.jpg

Please have some ribs for me , I love ribs :unknown:

Lisa

She loves Ribs...attacks them with the fury of a white pointer....head Shaking side to side...all teeth...food flying everywhere....BBQ in her hair.

Smithy and I sit opposite Lise on Friday BBQ day. When she is in the "zone" Smithy often says quietly to me...."stay perfectly still....show no fear"

;)

Well, when I win the ultimate competition and come down to meet the FoH crew, I'll just have to smoke a rack or two of baby backs for each of ya'll, double for the First Lady. :unknown:

I don't suppose I'll doing much more for the 4th this year than grilling a 3lb rib-eye, enjoying a Habano or two, setting off some aerial fireworks (we get the GOOD stuff in Wyoming), and getting completely pissed. Good thing there's no balcony off my back patio. :P ....Ken.... ;)

She loves Ribs...attacks them with the fury of a white pointer....head Shaking side to side...all teeth...food flying everywhere....BBQ in her hair.

Smithy and I sit opposite Lise on Friday BBQ day. When she is in the "zone" Smithy often says quietly to me...."stay perfectly still....show no fear"

:P

[/quote]

Be very very afraid Rob...... I would suggest you stay at home as it will not be safe here for you here. :unknown:

And I was going to make Pork Ribs to celebrate 4th July ..... actually maybe you should have the Ribs Rob.... I will make special ones for you , I promise ;)

I'll be helping a buddy move house - he is splitting from his wife, but, eh, its a good thing.

Should celebrate with a good smoke and few beers. ;)

After reading the other responses here: Mmm ribs, jalapenos, beer.... :unknown:

Have a great day all you guys Stateside :P

[/quote[/i]]

Be very very afraid Rob...... I would suggest you stay at home as it will not be safe here for you here. :unknown:

And I was going to make Pork Ribs to celebrate 4th July ..... actually maybe you should have the Ribs Rob.... I will make special ones for you , I promise ;)

Bring it on honey bunney :P

Please have some ribs for me , I love ribs :cigar:

Lisa

Can do! Headed to Ribfest tomorrow (July 3) in one of the Chicago suburbs. One of my friends has "VIP" passes. All you can eat ribs from 10+ vendors and free beer for one glorious day! Hopefully followed up by a nice cigar.

Enjoy the holiday weekend guys

I am going to ring in the celebration of American Independence by playing in a Flag Golf Tournament. Attending a BBQ at the golf club afterwards with the family. Take my 6 year old boy to see Ice Age 3-D. And close out the night with some fireworks I had to drive to Pennsylvania to obtain (as they are illegal in NY). Oh leaat I forget...I also plan on enjoying a handful of Cuban Smokes that day and finish of the night with some Woodford Reserve.

I've got about 10 cigars dry boxing for the long weekend. Going to a party tonight with lots of food, beer, and fireworks.

Friday night, out on a lake in a pontoon boat to watch a city firework display.

Rest of the weekend, I'll play it by ear.

Heading on vacation Friday with the family. New York is the first stop with tickets up to the crown of the Statue of Liberty on the 4th, that's the first day the crown has been open to the public since 9/11. Planning on checking out the fireworks over the Hudson River Sat. night. Then on Tuesday up to Boston for the rest of the week.

As far as ribs are concerned, I sell ribs to restaurants for a living so really the last thing I want to eat are more ribs!