Hoyo De Monterrey Le Hoyo Des Dieux .....ABS March 07

El Presidente

I'll be honest with you... I have never really considered buying these before. But any cigar that draws comparisons with one of my fantasies, a Librarian, has to be worth a look in.

Cheers fellas. Production, info and slickness is picking up week by week. Keep it up.

I can't view the review on this box, but it sounds as if the consensus is favorable.

I've smoked my way through a 50 cab of des Dieux and am in the middle of a second with a third deep in the humidor. One of my favorite cigars. Love the exotic wood notes as well as the size of the cigar.

Reminds me of some hideous gray/green SLR Regios that may have been the best smokes I've had.

Pregnancy sex?

Must have been a common theme with SLR. I have some Serie A that have the wierdest gray/green sheen on the wrapper, almost shimmers if you look at it from the right angle but they are some of the best smokes I have. Weird.

Nice review once again.

This almost matches the exact notes I took on my one and only de Deux from July of last year, ugly, but deliciously woody. Great idea reviewing it with the 898 which is also a woody cigar, but a different kind of woodiness. I'm looking forward to the 898 review as I just grabbed a box of these from czar.

Nice review once again.

This almost matches the exact notes I took on my one and only de Deux from July of last year, ugly, but deliciously woody. Great idea reviewing it with the 898 which is also a woody cigar, but a different kind of woodiness. I'm looking forward to the 898 review as I just grabbed a box of these from czar.

Well then the 898 review may come as a bit of a shock to you.

Well I had a 898v last night that I got during the get rooted sales and it was delicious! Full bodied, full of spices, leather, gorgeous construction and draw, reminded me a lot of an aged Lusi Al and I smoked recently.

Cheers,

George

I am a real fan of the 'Le Hoyo' line - especially during the colder winter months here in the North East States... The des Dieux, du Roi, du Maire and even that little firecracker, du Depute all deliver a delicious smoking experience and an excellent Quality to Price Ratio!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yep a great cigar! I bought two boxes dated 2002 last july and they are amazing, dark wrapper oily and the smell ... yum! lots of woody scent, definetly my favourite sunday arvo cigar. I do get alot of capuchino and caramel from it as well not sure if you guys were able to tatste that.

I don't know what this is about but your posting privileges are suspended as is your account. I'm guessing this might just be a spambot. I'll leave this one up for the rest of the mods to see before I wipe it tomorrow morning. If Lisa or Chuck get to them first and you feel like it, go ahead and purge his other four posts and this one. Else I'll take care of it in the AM.

Wilkey

• 8 months later...

HDM Des Dieux PSO JUL 07

Smoke time 93 mins

Maduro wrapper, matte feel, lots of veins, packed very tight

Ash was White log, beauty!

Initial puff is pure coffee and spice

Flavors included soft wood, salty, cream........it was a nice, gentle smoke

Bought two singles from Czar, first was a plug and this was excellent

Probably a great cigar if you know your going to be smoking 4 cigars that day for some reason

started as a strong medium then settled to light-medium quickly........kind of like grabs your attention then settles in nicely once you are focused

Great balance of sweetness and wood

9.1/10 with a potential of 92-93 down the road

Will buy a box

Bart

HDM Des Dieux PSO JUL 07

Smoke time 93 mins

Maduro wrapper, matte feel, lots of veins, packed very tight

Ash was White log, beauty!

Initial puff is pure coffee and spice

Flavors included soft wood, salty, cream........it was a nice, gentle smoke

Bought two singles from Czar, first was a plug and this was excellent

Probably a great cigar if you know your going to be smoking 4 cigars that day for some reason

started as a strong medium then settled to light-medium quickly........kind of like grabs your attention then settles in nicely once you are focused

Great balance of sweetness and wood

9.1/10 with a potential of 92-93 down the road

Will buy a box

Bart

This has been my favorite HdM...