Let's talk about watches...

On August 2, 2017 at 11:58 PM, Winchester21 said:

Today I made the mistake? of  dropping by my local watch shop. I have owned well over 100 luxury watches and had finally settled on my 3 favorite watches. A Gold Rolex sub, a black SS Rolex Daytona, and a black/blue Rolex GMT Master. I have had 3 APs through the years and have regretted selling them. I have always lusted after an AP Royal oak offshore chrono. Today , in a weak moment I pulled the trigger. Very happy with the purchase

IMG_1283.JPG

IMG_1284.JPG

IMG_1285.JPG

IMG_1286.JPG

IMG_1287.JPG

Nice AP.  These watches hold there value it's a nice watch.  I was thinking about getting one how do you like it now that you had it a few days?

• Like 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

19 hours ago, OZCUBAN said:

My latest I said to my self I would never purchase another Oris but at the price point it's hard to say no ,picked up this one in singapore a month or so ago the only one in the city just been released just took me a while to get used to the size after the pro diver ?IMG_3616.thumb.PNG.2405aef091de8c3bf3122577defb28c7.PNG

Singapore bar none is the best place in the world to buy a watch.  The selection, volume of sales and prices cannot be beat anywhere else.  If buying a "fancy watch"; you'll save even with the airfare to get there!

I used to wear Oris exclusively but after our falling out with the brand I hardly wear them now. I always wanted an Omega Speedmaster and ended up with two of them and one in particular is my main watch now.

The Broad Arrow version is a nice watch but the original Speedy is one of the most legible watches I own. A simple timeless design that still demands attention today. 

20160126_101141.jpg

My speedy.jpg

speedy today.jpg

1863.jpg

• Like 4

23 hours ago, OZCUBAN said:

My latest I said to my self I would never purchase another Oris but at the price point it's hard to say no ,picked up this one in singapore a month or so ago the only one in the city just been released just took me a while to get used to the size after the pro diver ?IMG_3616.thumb.PNG.2405aef091de8c3bf3122577defb28c7.PNGIMG_3755.thumb.JPG.00e338adc550751c4129f33eadb25469.JPGIMG_3756.thumb.JPG.93095e07dc7eb657dbe771309692e10e.JPGIMG_3584.thumb.JPG.b003ef6f8131fe95695621c6bf5233c3.JPGIMG_3586.thumb.JPG.79f028363e90b4a4678f9ac120fe7b5f.JPGIMG_3968.thumb.JPG.5d24ab97b7e5f01330e99a8e8ef9f3fb.JPG

Nice pick up!

I think that is the finest Diver that ORIS has ever produced. 

• Like 2

73091b369791865da3877a7652a776ca.jpg
Breitling Galactic. I wear it almost everyday. It's also the second most expensive watch I've ever owned.
The first one was a Pre-War, Patek Philippe Calatrava. Back when I was in college, my dad told me to clean out his shed, which was full of mostly junk, and the belongings of an old relative who had passed away years prior. The deal was that in exchange for cleaning out the shed, I could keep whatever I wanted. As previously stated, there was mostly junk in there so I loaded my truck without paying much attention and went to the dump. As I was loading for my third and final dump run, I decided to look in one of the boxes. Stuffed into the box was a metal tin, with odds and ends and the Patek Philippe. I wound it up and it started ticking away like it was brand new. My dad kept his word and let me keep it, and I did what any red blooded 21 year old college student with a penchant for booze and women would do. I put it on eBay for 4K. It sold in 10 minutes. Granted, the proceeds funded one hell of a semester, but I still kick myself for selling it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

• 1 month later...

Hello FOHers! Speaking of watches, I've recently crawled into fishing territory in the vintage market.
Any friendly members here established on any respectable forums? I'm currently reading around SCWF, hoping that the community there will be worth sticking around for.

Lastly, I should mention, if anybody is willing to part with a TZ <85% 52x caliber stream Seiko, please get in touch. :ok:

On 10/7/2017 at 8:06 AM, Luca said:

Thought you'd guys would like this!

Vacheron Historiques Triple Calendrier 1942 & 1948

vacheron_5370346.jpg

Is that you & your watch cutting that cigar?  Vacheron is one of the best.  I would like to own an Overseas Chrono sometime.

• Like 4

On 8/4/2017 at 12:25 PM, RazorbackFan said:

My 2016 Explorer. 39mm is small by today's standards, but the proportions seem classic to me. And this piece flies beneath the radar, which I like. 

IMG_6203.PNG

It is good that Rolex finally put the bigger hands on the Explorer from about 2016 onwards! Looks nice!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Is that you & your watch cutting that cigar?  Vacheron is one of the best.  I would like to own an Overseas Chrono sometime.

Haha I wish it was me!

On 8/7/2017 at 12:50 PM, Wertman said:

Nice AP.  These watches hold there value it's a nice watch.  I was thinking about getting one how do you like it now that you had it a few days?

On 8/7/2017 at 12:50 PM, Wertman said:

I have had the watch for a few months now and I absolutely love it. At first I did not like the gator strap because it was stiff and top heavy. The hole position did not match up exactly with my wrist and it was sliding around to the wrong position. Note I have a small wrist. I considered buying the steel bracelet but it was another 2k so I passed. Instead I bought the rubber strap. Problem solved. The watch is comfortable and totally functional. I have not taken it off except to sleep. I am already looking at selling my gold sub and buying another AP in gold. I really like the Royal Oak chrono in gold. Love the bracelet  Or another offshore chrono in gold with a bracelet. It is a heavy watch in the off shore model commonly known as "the brick in the industry. It's 50 k after discount so I am thinking long and hard about this purchase. Hell, that's a Mercades Benz in dollars!!!  But you only go around once and I really want the damn thing. If I had only stayed away from that damn watch shop

IMG_1472.JPG

IMG_1474.JPG

IMG_1475.JPG

IMG_1472.JPG

IMG_1474.JPG

IMG_1475.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thought you'd guys would like this!

Vacheron Historiques Triple Calendrier 1942 & 1948

Source can be viewed here.

vacheron_5370266.jpg

vacheron_5370346.jpg

vacheron_5370351.jpg

Really nice Great brand Another for my bucket list

• Like 1

This may be my next one as soon as I figure out how to pay for it. Looks great on my wrist

4AACA5EA-FBC7-485A-9534-16AA0A111C75.jpeg

• Like 2

This may be my next one as soon as I figure out how to pay for it. Looks great on my wrist
4AACA5EA-FBC7-485A-9534-16AA0A111C75.jpeg.c02b551e6d00fcac04a717b4742b05fc.jpeg
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of it when you get it (hopefully soon)!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• JohnS changed the title to Let's talk about watches...