Olympic Cigar relay: Piramide

Background. 

This was a deck discussion hypothesising a cigar Olympic finals in 4 categories. Yes, We cover all the big issues on the deck :rolleyes:

There are four races/categories.  

1. Petit Corona
  2. Robusto
  3. Piramide
  4. Double Robusto

CC and NC are competing for the Gold in each category. As a group we are to work together to nominate 4 cigars in each category. 4 CC and 4 NC. 

Today we are doing Piramide

Which will be the 4 cigars representing Cuba. 

Which will be the 4 cigars representing FWC  (free world cigars).

Part  Three: Piramide  only today. ;)

Again, you would think that Cuba would run away with this one. However perhaps that is bias?  Can NC/FWC provide a legitimate challenge in this weight class?   

Who lines up on both teams? 

Ideally, at the end of this process, we will put some samplers together for an end of year taste off. ;)

This is a tough category for me. 

Risk reward  "best I've ever had" criteria - CPE, Monte 2

Consistent "I know it will be good" criteria?  Upmann 2

• Like 1

Diplomaticos 2, (Bolivar Belicoso Finos, if you'll allow it), Upmann 2, Partagas P2 (Every Monte 2 I have had, has just been so-so). 

NWC: Warped Flor de Valle Belicoso/pyramid--- far and away the winner, Opus X Shark---needs age- hard to find,  Padron 1964 natural pyramid (the 1926 pyramid is great too), Ashton symmetry belicoso.

• Like 1

Monte #2 I feel like it's a staple cigar. It's a large production cigar so you can get some misses but when they are on they are some of the best examples of what Monte brand should be. That Cocoa / Dark Chocolate / Earthiness which is very pleasant in my opinion. 

Monte 2 for me. PSP stock from 2012 to 14 were just sensational. 12 to 18 months down and they were grand, such fond memories as they are now gone all of them.

May the Cuban gods take pity on me and I will beg for forgiveness..💀☠️. Opus X No Perfecxion 2 . I picked up box from 2009 and they were sensational. I will be staying indoors for a day or two. 😇🙏🙏

I'm trying to figure out who the Monte 2 would be as an athlete. 

It's always a contentious cigar whenever these discussions come up, I love Montecristo (No.3 probably being my favourite) but I've never managed to have a half decent Monte 2, never mind a great one. I keep dipping my toe back every few years but it's been 17 years since I first had one and still never had that experience so I'm many seem to be lucky with. I know the sheer numbers produced also generate sheer numbers of duffs, but I seem to just keep getting them!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

I'm trying to figure out who the Monte 2 would be as an athlete. 

It's always a contentious cigar whenever these discussions come up, I love Montecristo (No.3 probably being my favourite) but I've never managed to have a half decent Monte 2, never mind a great one. I keep dipping my toe back every few years but it's been 17 years since I first had one and still never had that experience so I'm many seem to be lucky with. I know the sheer numbers produced also generate sheer numbers of duffs, but I seem to just keep getting them!

Lee Evans.

Cuban: Monte No.2, Cohiba PE, Partagas P2, VR Unicos

NC: AF Don Carlos No. 2, Diamond Crown Julius Caeser Pyramid, Ashton ESG 22-Year Salute, Padrón 1964 Anniversary Series Torpedo

Cc: Monte 2,Dip 2

Nc: Don Carlos, Melanio Torpedo