Counterfeiter busted in Miami

Looking at those boxes they're not good. And the BHK 56 boxes are completely wrong. Amateur. 

But based on the size and scope of the operation he's clearly moving a lot of product.  

I can only imagine the TP roll is due to him crapping in his pants when the cops busted in. :surprised:

El-Baraton-Counterfeit-Cigars-2-1536x204

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

A police report says the packaging is for brands including, “ROMEO AND JULIETTA (sic), H UPMAN (sic), TRINIDAD, MONTE CRISTO (sic), COHIBA, CAO, BOLIVAR, EL REY DEL MUNDO, LA GLORIA CUBANA, MACANUDO, PUNCH, PARTAGAS AND SANCHO PANZA.”

OMG... LEAVE SANCHO ALONE!!

Seriously though... they are faking non-cubans too?  Macanudos at that? 

Disagree with NSX on this one. 

Jorge would have fooled 99% of his intended market. You wonder how much of that market was wholesale. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Disagree with NSX on this one. 

Jorge would have fooled 99% of his intended market. You wonder how much of that market was wholesale. 

I don't think we disagree. I'm sure he is fooling 99%. Clearly he's moving a lot of product despite the low quality. But it is low quality relative to what's possible these days. Just talking packaging here.

I see Cuaba bands. Really? Who would fake an obscure marca like that?

Going for some of the brands that don’t have legions on Reddit to declare fake is actually a decent move for a fake seller. Not that I like it but a decent business move. 
Know thy retailer continues to be more and more important these days. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SCgarman said:

I see Cuaba bands. Really? Who would fake an obscure marca like that?

And that's where they can catch you out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We can assume that the boxes of labels were once all full. That’s how many fake Montecristos this guy has floating around out there. 😳

It is fairly obvious that Jorge was not the brains of the cigar counterfeit operation. I suspect someone supplied his operation with boxes/bands/cigars.....what he and his team needed. 

How many other similar operations are in play across Miami? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, El Presidente said:

It is fairly obvious that Jorge was not the brains of the cigar counterfeit opertation. I suspect someone supplied his operation with boxes/bands/cigars.....what he and his team needed. 

How many other similar operations are in play across miami? 

I was musing earlier if the gear comes from the Chinese operation we saw previously maybe and they supply the cigars and packaging. Sounds like HSA.

7 hours ago, Wookie said:

Not asking for website, but was this operation running a USA-based site or something more realistic, like Switzerland, Spain, etc?

In my totally not knowing anything about it, scientific wild ass guessing opinion, with the perceived volume he could produce, I'm assuming a wholesale operation. I.e. Normal consumers only had access to this mess thru " retailers". I use retailers VERY lightly here. Get it?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, El Presidente said:
It is fairly obvious that Jorge was not the brains of the cigar counterfeit operation. I suspect someone supplied his operation with boxes/bands/cigars.....what he and his team needed. 
How many other similar operations are in play across Miami? 

Well, sitting currently here in China and seeing what you can buy on platforms like Taobao, all this stuff is readily available. Quality aside, there is a huge back country operation and apparently a lot of money in this business. Not surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Wookie said:

Not asking for website, but was this operation running a USA-based site or something more realistic, like Switzerland, Spain, etc?

Yeah, how they were actually distributing these is what I am wondering about. 

I would think if this were a wholesale operation that there would be a more direct way of doing business. Manufacture in China, ship to "retailers" directly. Why go through Miami? One can purchase counterfeit everything directly from Chinese operations that ship directly from the source. Unless the boxes/bands are being made in the USA...but that would be inefficient with labor costs. Been a long time since I've been involved with supply chains...so just speculating out loud. Maybe someone else can explain the manufacturing/logistics here? Also interested in who the actual customer(s) is? It's definitely interesting. 

4 hours ago, Wookie said:

I would think if this were a wholesale operation that there would be a more direct way of doing business. Manufacture in China, ship to "retailers" directly. Why go through Miami? One can purchase counterfeit everything directly from Chinese operations that ship directly from the source. Unless the boxes/bands are being made in the USA...but that would be inefficient with labor costs. Been a long time since I've been involved with supply chains...so just speculating out loud. Maybe someone else can explain the manufacturing/logistics here? Also interested in who the actual customer(s) is? It's definitely interesting.

Now if they were being paid over say a public blockchain we could do some analytics!