JohnS' Smoking Diary 2024

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de San Juan OLM Oct 2014 Welcome to the 2024 edition of this Smoking Blog Series. Whereas last year's edition opened with a New World cigar (an Arturo Fuente Hemingway W

Trinidad Coloniales APU Jul 2015 The Trinidad Coloniales was released in 2004 in a unique 'Coloniales' size. It has a 44 ring gauge and it is 132 millimetres or 5¼ inches in length. It comes in a

La Puntilla (Custom) The La Puntilla was a Cuban Custom cigar specifically rolled by Alex at the Comodoro Hotel in Havana, at the suggestion of El Pres. It was meant to provide a chance for FoH m

• JohnS pinned this topic
5 hours ago, JohnS said:

Each year I reach this stage of my journey through this Smoking Blog Series and wonder what events will transpire. "Que sera, sera...the future's not ours to see, whatever will be, will be, que sera, que sera" as they say. Could one have predicted what has come about over last four years in our cigar hobby? Apart from the global Covid-19 pandemic, who foresaw the Habanos cigar production crisis from post-2022 onwards and thus being subsequently priced out of playing in the habanos cigar market, so-to-speak?

Last year, I thought I wouldn't smoke as many cigars as I did in 2022, but it turns out that I wasn't that far short of the previous year's mark. I also thought that there would be cigars I wouldn't sample again, but actually, I was the subject of one or two opportunistic surprises. What can I say? I take it all as it comes, and with good grace and with humility!

So, in essence, I'm not going to even tell you what I think is ahead of us within this 2024 Smoking Blog series. All I can do is to counsel you to simply come along and enjoy the ride!

See you within the pages of this year's Series!

John, I look forward so eagerly to your Smoking Blog. Thank you for sharing, I’m ready for the ride!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cgoodrich said:

John, I look forward so eagerly to your Smoking Blog. Thank you for sharing, I’m ready for the ride!

You actually read all of his reviews?

He’s OK at it. I guess.

😂😂😂 I kid! I kid! Actually he’s one of a handful of people that his takeaways actually meet what I experience with cigars. Subliminal hints? Who knows. I’ll keep playing along.

Thanks for everything @JohnS 👍🏻

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nevrknow said:

You actually read all of his reviews?

He’s OK at it. I guess.

😂😂😂 I kid! I kid! Actually he’s one of a handful of people that his takeaways actually meet what I experience with cigars. Subliminal hints? Who knows. I’ll keep playing along.

Thanks for everything @JohnS 👍🏻

It’s because I have a man-crush on him @Nevrknow. Who wouldn’t with such a Greek Adonis walking amongst us mere mortals! 😉

• Haha 1

I like many here, truly look forward to reading your inciteful reviews John. Thank you in advance for the many installments to come in 2024. Cheers mate!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Chucko8 said:

I like many here, truly look forward to reading your inciteful reviews John. Thank you in advance for the many installments to come in 2024. Cheers mate!

Thank you, Kurt! 👍

• Like 1