Illusione Epernay Le Grande

It is a great blend and has no Nicaraguan spice or pepper. I am loving my box. Especially at $205/box25. I used to buy RASS and PSD4 at that price point, but not anymore. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SCgarman said:

It is a great blend and has no Nicaraguan spice or pepper. I am loving my box. Especially at $205/box25. I used to buy RASS and PSD4 at that price point, but not anymore. 

And now at $500 for RASS and PSD4 its laughable! People are still lining up for those prices meanwhile you can get 2.5 boxes of these for the same price. 

• Like 1

Love these cigars,

I can sort of get what you mean about the Upmann notes, but they came across as being a bit more Sancho Panza to me.....maybe a mash up between the two. 

The reality is (I guess) they don't need any CC comparisons as they are great cigars in their own right.  At $166 you cant go wrong.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 99call said:

Love these cigars,

I can sort of get what you mean about the Upmann notes, but they came across as being a bit more Sancho Panza to me.....maybe a mash up between the two. 

The reality is (I guess) they don't need any CC comparisons as they are great cigars in their own right.  At $166 you cant go wrong.

Have not had Sancho Panza sadly but based on what I have read I can see what you mean. A little salty brine character. 

• Like 1

• MoeFOH changed the title to Illusione Epernay Le Grande

I know this is a Habanos forum but it may be worth FOH starting to stock some of the the better NC`s??

i have bought a few lately but would much prefer to buy them from Rob. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JC67 said:

I know this is a Habanos forum but it may be worth FOH starting to stock some of the the better NC`s??

I believe this is coming, at least for a few select brands.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JC67 said:

This is a good point. Maybe the more Cubanesque NC's. I love my local B&M but they're stocked much heavier on the stronger, punchier NC's which I'm not a huge fan of. They do keep a consistent stock of Epernays...bless their hearts! 

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Great review! I love these and always get a cookies and cream note from them. I read somewhere Dion blended the Epernay series to pair with champagne, I haven’t tried that but it does pair well with an IPA or tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/27/2023 at 1:01 PM, Kaptain Karl said:

IMO these are the most cubanesque NC's I've had. Consistently excellent!

Have you tried the Herrera Esteli Habano line?  I’ve heard folks make similar statements so I ordered a couple boxes of their Edicion Limitada Lancero that have yet to arrive.   Curious as to your thoughts if you have tried them.

2 hours ago, cmbarton said:

Have you tried the Herrera Esteli Habano line?  I’ve heard folks make similar statements so I ordered a couple boxes of their Edicion Limitada Lancero that have yet to arrive.   Curious as to your thoughts if you have tried them.

I would say if memory serves that the Herrera was more leather and less cream and sweetness. That being said, it was still a solid smoke. I only had the pyramid though, not the lancero.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1