First Canonazo off the production line.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Nudie Canonazo are under way and will be finished this week before they go into rest.  Hammy is overseeing production to his standards.   It was a long day yesterday in the factory but w

Mid April I suspect. They are all rolled. Just getting packed and then to Miami.       

There is a lovely journey in this Canonazo.  You will notice that the draw is a little tighter that most other NC's. That is deliberate. The draw is not compromised but as Hamlet says, "we want t

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

There is a lovely journey in this Canonazo. 

You will notice that the draw is a little tighter that most other NC's. That is deliberate. The draw is not compromised but as Hamlet says, "we want the burn to walk not run". 

You will notice the remarkable aroma. People (cigar lovers and non cigar lovers) will comment. It really is an aromatic masterpiece. 

This blend is all burnt cane sugar, cookie dough and milk coffee.  Just under medium bodied as per most Cubans. Richly flavoured. 

Zero pepper through on the tongue or retrohale. 

This is what I like to hear. 

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

You will notice that the draw is a little tighter that most other NC's. That is deliberate. The draw is not compromised but as Hamlet says, "we want the burn to walk not run". 

You will notice the remarkable aroma. People (cigar lovers and non cigar lovers) will comment. It really is an aromatic masterpiece. 

This blend is all burnt cane sugar, cookie dough and milk coffee.  Just under medium bodied as per most Cubans. Richly flavoured. 

Sounds like perfection. Thanks!

5 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Earlier you said there was honey.  Is that flavor note gone?

30 minutes ago, Monterey said:

Earlier you said there was honey.  Is that flavor note gone?

More burnt sugar cane off the table than honey right now.

Drawing straws at this point:rotfl:

It could be honey next week, month,, never. Aging is a beautiful thing . Transformation in first 30 days quite dramatic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

More burnt sugar cane off the table than honey right now.

Drawing straws at this point:rotfl:

It could be honey next week, month,, never. Aging is a beautiful thing . Transformation in first 30 days quite dramatic.

:drool:

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Zero Nic in the blend. First time.

Blend is proprietary. I don't believe in giving away a secret sauce.

No thank you, that's very kind. Didn't expect the recipe but just found Nicaraguan tobacco and I don't get on so well and if it wasn't predominantly that would be more likely buy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I love Nic tobacco and I will continue to use it in the right sphere.

I agree--I think it has its place.

I will say after trying several I could tell there was very little if any Nicaraguan--certainly no ligero. Made me think perhaps Nicaragua has seen its zenith in the industry. I'm not so sure it's the future of NCs. Perhaps it was a bridge until the refinement of other regions that had been previously left aside. For example I've always thought DR leaf had more potential just based on what a creative force like Fuente was able to do so long ago. 

The Nudies' ability to deliver depth without strength or the "white pepper" is a great achievement in blending and leaf sourcing. Particularly sourcing. This is clearly excellent leaf--wherever it's coming from. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I agree--I think it has its place.

I will say after trying several I could tell there was very little if any Nicaraguan--certainly no ligero. Made me think perhaps Nicaragua has seen its zenith in the industry. I'm not so sure it's the future of NCs. Perhaps it was a bridge until the refinement of other regions that had been previously left aside. For example I've always thought DR leaf had more potential just based on what a creative force like Fuente was able to do so long ago. 

The Nudies' ability to deliver depth without strength or the "white pepper" is a great achievement in blending and leaf sourcing. Particularly sourcing. This is clearly excellent leaf--wherever it's coming from. 

Nudies RULE

19 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I'm not so sure it's the future of NCs.

It's certainly the trend right now.  Only another embargo would stop it right now...it might even propel it further for a while. We are definitely at, or approaching, an apex though.  Certainly there will be some corrections with increases in non nic tobacco interest, even if only as smaller (and probably more expensive) niche or "uber specliazed" markets.