Habanos marketing has gone up a notch. Oozing luxury. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnkLC2rIPv3/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Like 3

At least they have their priorities straight. No money to buy cheap regular products boxes and bands, but plenty of money for crap like this. I wonder how many Robustos HSA could afford to package with the money they send out the door on one of these lacquered affairs. 

HABANOS, S.A. CELEBRATED THE CHINESE NEW YEAR EXCLUSIVELY WITH THE NEW VITOLA COHIBA SIGLO DE ORO

Last Updated: Thursday, January 19, 2023 11:01 AM | PR Newswire via QuoteMedia

HABANOS, S.A. CELEBRATED THE CHINESE NEW YEAR EXCLUSIVELY WITH THE NEW VITOLA COHIBA SIGLO DE ORO

PR Newswire

- The Pacific Cigar Co. LTD and Infifon HK, exclusive distributors of Habanos, S.A., presented Cohiba Siglo de Oro at a multiple event held simultaneously in several Asian countries.

- This vitola will be the first to include NFC technology in its cases, which will allow aficionados to verify its authenticity and learn more details about the product.

HAVANA , Jan. 19, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- On the occasion of the commemoration of the arrival of the Year of the Rabbit, according to the Chinese lunar calendar, Habanos, S.A. unveiled its new Cohiba Siglo de Oro vitola (54 x 115 mm long), a novel product from the Cohiba brand, the most prestigious in the world of Habanos. The leading Premium tobacco company not only wants to celebrate the arrival of the new year, but the selected vitola -Siglo de Oro– also honors the 30th anniversary of the Linea 1492, one of Cohiba's most successful.

The presentation of the new Cohiba cigar took place in an exclusive event held simultaneously in several of the main Asian markets, organized by The Pacific Cigar Co, the Exclusive Distributor of Habanos, S.A. in Asia-Pacific and Infifon HK, the Exclusive Distributor of Habanos, S.A for Mainland China. Event were hosted in Macao , Thailand , Malaysia , Cambodia , Japan , Singapore , and Hong Kong . The latter was held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel under the attentive gaze of 120 guests, including Ms. Denisse Llamos Infante , Cuba's Consul in Guangdong, China .

The new product from the leading premium tobacco company will be a limited-edition item, so only a lucky few will be able to enjoy this unique vitola. Cohiba Siglo de Oro is presented in a special box containing 18 Habanos "Totally handmade with Long Filler ," after a careful selection of wrapper, filler and binder leaves from the most prestigious area, Vuelta Abajo*, in the region of Pinar del Rio *, Cuba *.

However, its limited production and the commemoration of the 30th anniversary of Cohiba's 1492 line are not the only aspects that will make this vitola unique. Cohiba Siglo de Oro will be the first Habanos, S.A. vitola to incorporate an NFC chip into its cases that aficionados can scan to verify the product's authenticity and learn more details about it.

"At present, China is the most important market in value for our business, and Cohiba is the most recognized Habanos' brand worldwide. That is why we wanted to take advantage of this occasion to present such a special vitola as Cohiba Siglo de Oro, and to showcase the implementation of NFC technology to make the experience for aficionados even more complete," Habanos, S.A. explained.

Cohiba Siglo de Oro
Factory name: Exitosos
Measures: 54 ring gauge x 115 mm length
Tasting Notes:

Cold taste, green tea tones and light hints of white pepper, with subtle earthy aromas

Firm quality construction to the touch

Draw: excellent

Wrapper: light-colored, smooth, with great brightness, no ribbing, oily and beautiful construction
Burn: perfect
Pairing:

Harmonies: Extraordinary pairing with Havana Club 15-year-old rum and Havana Club Union rum

With Chinese Oloong tea, it finds its soul mate, uniting 2 transcendental cultures, that of Habano and tea

COHIBA SIGLO DE ORO - NFC CHIP (2).jpg

COHIBA SIGLO DE ORO - NFC CHIP (3).jpg

COHIBA SIGLO DE ORO (1).jpg

COHIBA SIGLO DE ORO (2).jpg

COHIBA SIGLO DE ORO (3).jpg

COHIBA SIGLO DE ORO (4).jpg

COHIBA SIGLO DE ORO (5).jpg

COHIBA SIGLO DE ORO (6).jpg

COHIBA SIGLO DE ORO (7).jpg

COHIBA SIGLO DE ORO (8).jpg

COHIBA SIGLO DE ORO (9).jpg

COHIBA SIGLO DE ORO (10).jpg

3 hours ago, Nevrknow said:

NFC "chip" in the boxes?  Unless I'm confused, aren't the chips made in the same country ramping up production of FAUXHIBAS?

Hmmmm. 🧐

Lest we forget…Nothing stops them from grabbing a Rocky Patel sliding off the bands and swapping them for Cohiba bands.

What an ingeniously creative release - someone at HSA conjured up the inspiration to roll a Medio Siglo with a few post-holiday pounds in tow. 

The price, one assumes, is $888.88

I’ve watched that Rocky Patel video about 5 times and sent it to all my buddies. Great laughs. 

5 hours ago, nKostyan said:

@ATGroom , at the CCWS is listed as release 2022, but the official mentions of HSA are only 2023. What year is it correct to consider this release?

It's a question I've been struggling with for this series.

For most cigars, they are announced at the Festival, and for the sake of CCW the year that that takes place is what I consider the 'release year.' At one time it was all much of a muchness as they were released to market later in that same year, but the reality is these days that the cigars are not 'released' until at least a year or two later.

Habanos refers to the year things are announced as the 'Año de Presentación' which is probably a better term for it than 'release year.'

In the case of the Año Chino series, they are announced, at least to distributors, a year in advance, and released in time for the Chinese New Year the next year, usually before the festival. They are obviously themed around the year that they are released to market, and they have that year on their vitolina which is usually what I consider to be 'proof' of the release year.

So, that's the reason it says 2022. That was the presentation year of the cigars, and that's what I call the 'release year.'

Probably what I should do is change the 'Release Year' field in the CCW to 'Presentation Year' and then add a separate Release Year that holds the actual year they appeared in market.

• Thanks 1