Deep Dive: Bolivar Libertador

El Presidente

Bolivar Libertador   

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Deep Dive: Bolivar Libertador 

This cigar has one serious fanclub. 

I haven't seen them for the past year but when they were readily available they flew out the door.  This Sublimes format is one big cigar at 54 x 164mm. There is not a rough edge to it however as it carries itself off with depth, richness and poise. 

Bolivar Libertador 

• Do you like then Bolivar Libertador?
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars?
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Bolivar Libertador?
  • Do the poll!

Bolivar Libertador   :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES 

image.jpeg

Very nice cigars. That's about all I can say about them. A long, smooth ride of medium Bolivar. I think they are basically a giant Royal Coronas with a little more complexity. 

However, for those who were lucky enough to have had any of the last run of Coronas Gigantes they'll know those were simply on a different level. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Very nice cigars. That's about all I can say about them. A long, smooth ride of medium Bolivar. I think they are basically a giant Royal Coronas with a little more complexity. 

However, for those who were lucky enough to have had any of the last run of Coronas Gigantes they'll know those were simply on a different level. 

Totally agree. Especially as it applies to the CG - which I prefer. Unfortunate it's demise...

Whereas the Libertador might reappear....

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

46 minutes ago, targa88 said:

Totally agree. Especially as it applies to the CG - which I prefer. Unfortunate it's demise...

Yup. I would Sacrifice the Libertador to get the CG back any day. I liked the CG better and I'm not a fan of the sublimes size in general. They turned out to be a poor replacement for a cigar that didn't need replacing. 

• Like 2

I absolutely love these, top 5 cigar for me. The oldest I’ve had were about 6 years, and they were definitely more refined and balanced than any of the younger examples I’ve had, so I doubt I’ve experienced their peak yet. But I’m pretty well stocked up, so I remain hopeful I eventually will.

I did have my first BCG the other day, and I can see why many would prefer those, but for the most part I missed that boat, and she ain’t coming back.

• Like 2

To me, they seemed not so popular considering the price for years on these.  They were always available and sometimes on sale.  Then all of a sudden they're gone.  One of the cigars I have the most boxes of but have not had in a while.  I couldn't understand why they weren't one of most sought after Bolivars.

• Like 2

54 ring guage is just a bit too large for my tastes. I would just as soon smoke a PC. But I did enjoy the few I smoked. 

34 minutes ago, 99call said:

Similar to a Sir Winnie, this is a cigar to smoke indoors, with no one around, just loose yourself in the opulence. 

Totally agree.  

Uncalled-for format, if you ask me. Not a bad cigar (while suffering from the odd underfilling), but like company here, I always prefer the BCG (and not just the final run, which had indeed been fab). And the much better value to boot!