Deep Dive: Cohiba Corona Especiales

El Presidente

Cohiba Corona Especiales  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cohiba Corona Especiales 

38 x 152 of pure skinny bliss. ;)

There is the occasional construction issue but by god they have always hit the mark for me on a regular basis. 

Price aside, I consider them exceptional. 

Cohiba Corona Especiales 

• Do you like Cohiba Corona Especiales 
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Cohiba Corona Especiales
  • Do the poll!

Let's talk Cohiba Corona Especiales :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES 

• Like 1

I think I've had two Cohiba Coronas Especiales in the last three years. In the meantime, CCW tells me I had 75 Cohiba cigars in the two years between those cigars! I guess I need to light up another one soon.

One thing I can say, I didn't have as much luck with my AUM Jul 14 CCE as I did with my last LTO Sep 20 one, which was outstanding. Then again, my LTO factory code cigars have all been better than average.

Edit: In the meantime since writing this post above, I had another LTO Sep 20 Cohiba Coronas Especiales and it was spectacular. (It was) A shining example of Cohiba at its fullest potential.

• Like 3

The 2016 AMO box of these which I have has been nothing but exceptional. I can't laud these highly enough, pure skinny bliss is certainly the apt term. My only problem with them is that there is only 2 left in that box. Hoping a box from 2020 which is aging reaches the same standard.

• Like 2

Get it. The pricing distance makes it a good alternative to the Lanceros. Although it isn’t yet it. Whereas in the Monte Laguitos, for comparison, I always find it worth chasing the Especial. Funnily though, I am holding more of the Lanceros over the CCE and (way) more of the Especiales No.2 over the Especial. Availability?!...

My means will inevitably be shifted towards the Montes in the future.

• Like 2

This is my favorite Cohiba with the Siglo IV coming in a close second. When these hit that perfect range for age these become magical. I have a fond memory of smoking one of these on the way to my in-laws over Christmas break, it was a 2005 smoked at the end of 2009. The ride from our house was 2 hours and 20 minutes and I sipped that cigar for most of the ride there. This one gives notes of coffee bean, vanilla bean, graham cracker, coco with marshmallow. It isn't a cigar tend to find a spice profile in all that much, other than a note that identifies it as a Cohiba. 

I like this one a lot more than the Lancero because I think to when I take the time to smoke it slow, sip it, I can enjoy fantastic flavors for a couple of hours, which seems like the perfect time without being too much. That is why I also really like the Monte Especial no 2, rich flavors in a small package.

• Like 1