Deep Dive: Romeo y Julieta Cazadores

El Presidente

Romeo y Julieta Cazadores  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Romeo y Julieta Cazadoresย 

The fullest bodied cigar in the Romeo y Julieta line?ย 

Cazadores = "hunter".ย  This is not meant to be a delicate flower but rather thatย  bracing cigar that stands up to the elements and makes a statement.ย 

How do you see it?ย 

Romeo y Julieta Cazadores

• Doย you likeย Romeo y Julieta Cazadores
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars.ย 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke aย Romeo y Julieta Cazadores
  • Do the poll!

ย Romeo y Julieta Cazadores ย :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVESย 

ย 

Romeo y Julieta Cazadores JUN 20.jpg

Rustic and unrefined. Not always strong but definitely punchy. Can be tannic and bitter when younger. Not particularly complex. Wrappers tend to be on the darker and thicker side contributing to combustion issues. I've never really felt they're using top shelf leaf since the early 2000s. Not for everyone and not for me.ย 

Great vitola though.ย :yes:

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Rustic and unrefined. Not always strong but definitely punchy. Can be tannic and bitter when younger. Not particularly complex. Wrappers tend to be on the darker and thicker side contributing to combustion issues. I've never really felt they're using top shelf leaf since the early 2000s. Not for everyone and not for me.ย 

Great vitola though.ย :yes:

Yes. The wrappers on occassion can resemble the fireproof ones on generic EL's

• Like 1

Yes, "rustic" is a valid descriptor often used in referring to the Cazadores. No, they are not particularly complex but they do take on some additional character at about the 4 year mark. Unique. Every couple of months I will pull one out. I have always enjoyed them but this is a powerful lonsdale that is not for every day.

• Like 1

I dig these fresh and new. Open the foil and get popped in the face with rich tobacco aroma. Iโ€™ve got to smoke them slowly or they can send my stomach into flips. But if I take my time, I really like them especially in winter.ย 

• Like 1

This cigar is the ultimate contradiction. RyJ is known to be a mild to medium floral, nuanced marque. The Cazadores is very rustic, rough edged, one dimensional and akin to a jab from Muhammed Ali. Only took a few to convey these are not for me. I prefer complexity, nuance, finesse and a floral quality. Love the Ex#4.ย 

Love them
24:24 appearance soon?
I've been looking recently at the usual reliable online vendors for Cazzies as I'd love to restock but no joy. If they pop up on 24:24 they'll go quicker than a Tory u-turn.

Sent by spooky action at a distance

• Haha 2

The perfect fishing cigar. ย Itโ€™s for mindless smoking. ย No need to pay attention to flavor nuances, thereโ€™s only like 3 flavors. ย But itโ€™s big powerful, will satisfy your craving, and is perfect to throw in the mouth, puff, puff, cast, puff, puff, castโ€ฆ..

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ianperrymccarthy said:

Amazing vitola, but otherwise the cigar I might 'get' the least. A touch too strong, heavy on the earth/wood/leather flavors, and a little short on elegance. I find the wrappers giving me burn troubles too.ย 

I keep hearing these are a tad on the strong side. My experience with recent is that they have nowhere near the power of 15-20 yrs ago. I had boxes that were unsmokable for several yrs. Needed lots of age before they mellowed into a flavorful and complex cigar. Pretty one dimensional in their youth. At least for my palate

36 minutes ago, mprach024 said:

Sorry if Iโ€™m doing it wrong by Fugus standardsย 

Haha, yes, perhaps thatโ€™s what you do. ๐Ÿ˜‰ No reason to be sorry, only sorry for a fine smoke. ๐Ÿ˜…

Now, seriously, while your post might have been intended to be sketchy and provocative, and while this reply should not be taken to be directed at you personally, thereโ€™s indeed quite a few people who donโ€™t have a clue how to handle this cigar, and thus donโ€™t get it. Taken fresh and moist, ammonia-laden from the foil, lit up in a rough setting, to be then hastily being pulled on for keeping it alight ... - and then wonder about the poor stick presenting itself two-dimensional or with a constricted draw, harsh taste or a poor combustion. Adding to this that a lot of text books have written plain gibberish about this cigar. Quite like the fate of El Rey del Mundo as being a โ€œbeginnerโ€™sโ€ brand .... On the pro-side of that, this has always been an insider cigar running widely under the radar.

If one is aimed at mindless smoking Iโ€™d recommend, grab one of the really decent 2$-JLP offerings, but donโ€™t waste a good Romeo Cazzy.

But sure, everyoneโ€˜s mileage might vary.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fugu said:

Haha, yes, perhaps thatโ€™s what you do. ๐Ÿ˜‰ No reason to be sorry, only sorry for a fine smoke. ๐Ÿ˜…

Now, seriously, while your post might have been intended to be sketchy and provocative, and while this reply should not be taken to be directed at you personally, thereโ€™s indeed quite a few people who donโ€™t have a clue how to handle this cigar, and thus donโ€™t get it. Taken fresh and moist, ammonia-laden from the foil, lit up in a rough setting, to be then hastily being pulled on for keeping it alight ... - and then wonder about the poor stick presenting itself two-dimensional or with a constricted draw, harsh taste or a poor combustion. Adding to this that a lot of text books have written plain gibberish about this cigar. Quite like the fate of El Rey del Mundo as being a โ€œbeginnerโ€™sโ€ brand .... On the pro-side of that, this has always been an insider cigar running widely under the radar.

If one is aimed at mindless smoking Iโ€™d recommend, grab one of the really decent 2$-JLP offerings, but donโ€™t waste a good Romeo Cazzy.

But sure, everyoneโ€˜s mileage might vary.

Just messing around with you. ย 

Iโ€™ve had plenty outside of fishing of course, how else would I know what to bring?! ย Iโ€™m not knocking Cazzies, got boxes of them, most pretty old, foil is long gone, they just arenโ€™t challenging my top stock is all. ย In fact if you blind folded me Iโ€™d guess it was an NC. ย Again, not a knock, I like them because they are what they are without trying to be clever or fancy. ย Itโ€™s just a powerful cigar with a few good flavors to make it interesting. ย JMHO

• Like 1

Youโ€™ll sure have noticed, likewise all meant in good fun. We are all entitled to our own rotten experiences and strong personal opinions, arenโ€™t we? ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Now, just this - the RyJ Cazzy is a mighty fine, widely undervalued cigar!ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

• 1 year later...
On 9/28/2022 at 3:00 AM, Fugu said:

Now, just this - the RyJ Cazzy is a mighty fine, widely undervalued cigar!ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

Totally !

God I love this cigar ๐Ÿ˜

Inside, outside, fresh or with some age it never let me down ! Not your average RyJ for sure, which is a good thing to me, but don't be fooled by its strength, there's much more to it imho ๐Ÿ‘