Cuaba cigars impressions

I have been working my way up the Cuaba cigar line, first with the divinos, then traditionales and now the exclusivos over the past half year or so.  So much in fact that it has become my 2nd favorite Cuban brand after partagas.  I am a sucker for perfectos in general.  I have read a number of reviews about them being plugged most of the time and people not having the best smoking experience with them, but not the case with me.  Just feel this brand is underrated a bit.  What do others think about these cigars?

10FD77D1-F873-41F1-8068-EDE04B6DBA5B.jpeg

• Like 1

Cuaba gets some hate around here but I've always liked the profile. The Divinos is a standout and actually does get some love here as well as the Distinguidos which are no doubt the two best models. Personally I think the Divinos are just too small for me. The Tradicionales seems to get universal hate and I haven't had one in so long I can't comment but it almost seems like there's something going on with them. The Exclusivos can be good but they're overpriced and I've had a lot of lousy ones. 

As far as being plugged I haven't heard too many complaints about that. I'm sure they probably have an above average failure rate but nothing I'd worry about. 

• Like 2

** I've never had a Cuaba that I didn't love :wub:

17 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Distinguidos is the Cuaba winner by a country mile. I put it alongside Lusi/Winston

Same for me 100%.  I am fan of the Salomones, but more of an event cigar.

I haven't had a Cuaba that I didn't like. I love the earthy flavor profile that I get from them. Quite unique amongst the other marcas and I appreciate the change of pace. 

I like them, they're a nice change of pace, nuanced cigar. The ones I have the most experience with are the Divnos, Exclusivos, Distinguidos and Salmones. I may have had one or two of the other but can't recall.
One of my very first cigar experiences showing me how great premium tobacco can taste, was a Cuaba Salmones. I distinctly remember a butterscotch flavour, It's one of those cigars that I'll never forget, I couldn't believe it was nothing but plain tobacco. 

Someone just gave me a nice looking Tradicionales today so I'll report back how bad it is...:lol3:

On 9/7/2022 at 2:31 PM, El Presidente said:

Distinguidos is the Cuaba winner by a country mile. I put it alongside Lusi/Winston

Wow, that is some high praise... I'm with you it's the best Cuaba and would I personally choose it over the Lusi 2 out of 3 times, yes. But the SW...not sure the dude abides on that one. And that's not a knock on the Distinguidos. 

• Like 2

Ive had several boxes of Divinos from earlier yrs that were better than current production. To be fair the latter were singles and of unknown origin as far as box codes. The Salomones from 09 were very good. Split a box so just smoked the 5 over a 7 yr period. Like someone else mentioned..its an event cigar. 

Just sampled the Tradicionales.

PXL-20220910-013724798.jpg

Not as bad as I thought. Pretty typical Cuaba flavors. Draw good, construction good. Might have had a slight tinge of papery-ness in there but overall fairly enjoyable. 89 pointer. No idea what code it is but I believe it's less than 3 years old. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/9/2022 at 5:57 AM, Blakes said:

I like them, they're a nice change of pace, nuanced cigar. The ones I have the most experience with are the Divnos, Exclusivos, Distinguidos and Salmones. I may have had one or two of the other but can't recall.
One of my very first cigar experiences showing me how great premium tobacco can taste, was a Cuaba Salmones. I distinctly remember a butterscotch flavour, It's one of those cigars that I'll never forget, I couldn't believe it was nothing but plain tobacco. 

On 9/9/2022 at 8:24 PM, KCCubano said:

Ive had several boxes of Divinos from earlier yrs that were better than current production. To be fair the latter were singles and of unknown origin as far as box codes. The Salomones from 09 were very good. Split a box so just smoked the 5 over a 7 yr period. Like someone else mentioned..its an event cigar. 

The 2009's were very good! The Salomones I mentioned above was also from a '09 box I went halves with a friend on.. 

Definitely an underrated marca with a unique flavor profile IMO. Got a 6 year old box of Exclusivos I pluck one from every once in a while, all have been very tasty.