Is it a disease???

Currently I have enough cigars in my walk in humidor, yet I’m having difficulties to break and smoke them. I only enjoy small rotations of my singles, and keep most of my collection sitting gracefully in the shelves 😅. I somehow get anxious when looking at non-full box, so I keep them intact while telling my self that I’m currently aging them, so no problem at all. I know that we should test them periodically to see how they progress, but again, knowing one of my box is no longer a full box really bothers me, mentally. 

I’m curious to know, is there anyone like me out there? Or I’m the only one with this issue? 

• Like 3

• Adisaputra changed the title to Is it a disease???
49 minutes ago, benfica_77 said:

I had the similar issue of not wanting to break open new boxes. For 3 years i only smoke singles and accumulated boxes. I finally this year broke open boxes and that initial anxiety you felt goes away. I only feel guilty now cracking cohiba boxes purely because of how much I know they go for. 

I'm fairly young but i'm become very aware life short. We don't know when our day to check out is coming, we need to find balance between preparing for the future/saving and enjoying and being in the moment. Cigars are to be smoked and enjoyed so enjoy your inventory. You can always buy more.

I think you have summed it up perfectly from my point of view, I'm going to smoke them while I can enjoy them.

• Like 1

I am in the camp of living today like it’s your last. Yes, I have half my collection aging, but I will not hesitate to break a box open to enjoy. Living life in the moment is so much more enjoyable then what might be…in the future. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a red/yellow/green system. Red is the "age until x" group, yellow is "six month revisits" and green is "these are smoking like fire now." A lot of my boxes are duplicative so I can do this.

Helps with the getting through things while balancing with an age premium.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...