Travel and Go Setup?

15 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I am fully prepared for such an ATO (IRS) raid.  5 things set aside. 

1. Passport
  2. Laptop
  3. 10 cigar Otterbox 
  4. $10K cash
  5. Note to Di

:thumbsup:

That should keep you going for a few days 😂

Among the reasons I like tubos. Always have some in my upstairs humi and the singles tray in the Coolidor up front. Less likelihood of damage and some end up back in place. I just took a punch punch and Epi 2 tubos in a weekend trip. Didn’t have a chance for a stick so back i. The humi they went. Took no room in my bag. For the longer trips I have a hard case that I use, but I put more thought into those sticks. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KCCubano said:

I have a small Xikar travel humidor that I always take to my lake cabin in northern WI. Throw 5 plus sticks in it along with small 65% Boveda. Use it on canoe trips as well. Small and takes up very little room. Doubles as my dry box at home. 

Do you keep the same 5 cigars in there ready to grab and go?

I keep an Xikar 15 count box with a 65% Boveda in my leather pack all the time. It’s filled with my go-to sticks. 4-6 larger cigars then the rest PCs or minutos. I refill it as needed. In that same pack is a leather pouch with my cigars tools. That pack comes with me everywhere all week as it’s used to carry all my daily work stuff.  

When I travel I take that same case and pack a wider range of sticks. I’ll also take my 5 count Xikar case and pack a handful of ‘special’ cigars. I bring way more cigars than I smoke during a trip so I have options. 

• Like 3

That's proper sealed there! Must be kept in your travel bag at all times!

Not me. Ive a singles tupperdor I'm working through. So I just reach into that and fill a 5 count xikar box. Does take a bit of choosing/debating though what to grab. It's not without some changing of mind. Not that I travel much nor have emergency/unexpected trips mind.

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

This is my default travel pack for cigars.  Just throw into my carry on bag.

MCDE, good choice!

15 hours ago, ha_banos said:

That's proper sealed there! Must be kept in your travel bag at all times!

Not me. Ive a singles tupperdor I'm working through. So I just reach into that and fill a 5 count xikar box. Does take a bit of choosing/debating though what to grab. It's not without some changing of mind. Not that I travel much nor have emergency/unexpected trips mind.

Basically same here. Just throw several in the Xikar travel case. I know I will be smoking with nephews, friends etc so dont give much thought to selection. A few minutos, PC and maybe a nice larger format stick. Im never fully engaged with a particular stick when smoking with others or fishing out of my canoe. 

I’ve got a 40 count travel case which takes up 75% of my luggage space for my golf trips.  I also have 2 5 stick travel cases for golf bag or overnight travel which have their own perfecdraw in one of the slots.  I don’t store anything in them, I can load up quick enough before I head out with them.

Granted I’m not living in fear of being the subject of a government raid at any moment, so I don’t have a Henry Hill “Go Bag” always at the ready.